Hyberg Quilt Review

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Rich3rd

Hyberg Quilt Review

Post by Rich3rd »

Thought I’d take a punt when looking for a new quilt earlier this year. Was struggling to find stock of Cumulus 250 quilts and stumbled across a Hyberg Loner Lite 250 https://hyberg.de/en/products/loner-lite-250 . I’ve already got a Cumulus 150 quilt, but wanted a bit of extra warmth and water replant down, the Hyberg (on the left) fitted the bill.

Comparing the Hyberg Loner Lite 250 to the Cumulus 150, (Cumulus is black, Hyberg dark blue) the outer material feels very similar (which is nice) although its still a bit shiny at the moment. The foot box arrangement looks remarkably similar to Cumulus, using a short zipped section and drawstring at the bottom. This gives flexibility for either a fully flat quilt or toasty warm toes :-bd . The two middle elastic straps look identical!

Main difference in the design between the Hyberg and Cumulus are the vertical baffles in the upper body of the Hyberg. Not used it in action yet but it has excellent loft in that area so should be very toasty. There’s a short closure around the neck and a drawstring. Build quality of both are excellent and down loft on the Hyberg is superb.

I ordered the Hyberg in Feb (they had a 10% discount offer on at the time) for April delivery but it was about 6 weeks late, which I wasn’t overly chuffed about as I could have done with it for WRT, ho-hum, Hyberg comms not great either. I got lucky with the Brexit duty lottery on this one, the selling price was VAT free (about €185 + postage with the Feb sale) and I didn’t get charged any UK VAT or import duty, which is a big bonus. Total cost ended up about £165 :o :-bd

Late delivery aside, I think the Hyberg is a great product and can highly recommend.
Never knowingly under biked...
PaulB2

Re: Hyberg Quilt Review

Post by PaulB2 »

It finally arrived then. I wonder if the narrower vertical baffles vs larger horizontal baffles makes much difference.
Cheeky Monkey

Re: Hyberg Quilt Review

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I think the Hyberg is a great product and can highly recommend.
It's good to hear of new kit and this (unboxing?) review is welcome too but, without any use of it yet, isn't it a little premature to be awarding it such high commendations? I completely appreciate new-gear-euphoria though :cool: :cool: