Thermarest

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Thermarest

Post by fatbikephil »

So my neoair xlite suffered an aneurism on my recent Cairngorms excursion. I dropped Cascade a line and they said to send it back. This is a bit hassley but they have a UK based firm sending stuff out to save on sending it 'internationally' although it takes three weeks. Last week they emailed to say it was stuck inbound in customs, on Tuesday I emailed to see if they had it and this morning I got an email to say it was with DPD. An hour later a brand new one (with new valve and pump sack) turned up. :-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Thermarest

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

You see, that's why I often tell people to consider spending a little more on something with a pedigree from an established manufacturer rather than simply opting for the cheap Chinese / Amazon option. Obviously anything can fail or break but warranty and back-up makes a massive difference to the experience :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Cascade are very good on customer services. They also deal with MSR, many years ago they sent me a replacement Dragonfly stove because the legs had broken mid tour. They did that on trust because I couldn’t send photos (1998 or something and I didn’t have a digital camera) and they sent it to Kathmandu in less than a week :-bd
It’s great that they stand by their products and works well as a sales/marketing/customer retention technique - for me anyway as I will definitely choose their stuff over others given the choice.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

I had a similar happy experience with my Xlite. After an email with photos attatched I was offered the option of sending it in to the UK distributor who'd return it Ireland or I could mail it direct ( at my expense ). I chose the latter and had a new one in my hands in about a week. ( pre brexit). Yes they're more expensive than some other offerings but when a company stands behind their products I think its worth paying the premium.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

First outing on my april bam pump sack seems a bit slow but none return valve makes blowing up much easier :-bd
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

A few years ago Cascade replaced an original X-lite with a Neoair for me due to a delamination. I'd got it at a massivly reduced industry rate in the early 2000s, said as much, and they were more than happy to replace it for free. Great company.
samwise

Post by samwise »

fatbikephil wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:59 pm So my neoair xlite suffered an aneurism on my recent Cairngorms excursion. I dropped Cascade a line and they said to send it back. This is a bit hassley but they have a UK based firm sending stuff out to save on sending it 'internationally' although it takes three weeks. Last week they emailed to say it was stuck inbound in customs, on Tuesday I emailed to see if they had it and this morning I got an email to say it was with DPD. An hour later a brand new one (with new valve and pump sack) turned up. :-bd
I had exactly this 2 weeks ago....no cover note or anything.

First couple of nights out with tbe new valve this weekend and it's so much easier to deflate. :grin: