Enlighten Me Please

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

AlexGold

Re: Enlighten Me Please

Post by AlexGold »

pistonbroke wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:46 am Any thoughts on this? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ravemen-Unisex ... 543&sr=8-5
Seems well built and just about enough run time on low. Remote switch and 6000mAh battery. I can get it locally for €103 so on budget. What's not to like?
The ravemen is great, and one of the few lights I'd say is actually sensible to ride on the road with - but if you're looking for run time try the 1200. Unless I'm misremembering, the 1600 trades power for run time and even on the lowest setting doesn't last as long as the 1200

It will run off a power bank while plugged in though, which is a bonus. Of course, with the switch and or power lead plugged in its not waterproof....
pistonbroke

Re: Enlighten Me Please

Post by pistonbroke »

Thanks for the feedback Alex, I didn't notice that the 1200 had better low setting run time than the 1600, I'd already ordered the 1600 preferring the wireless remote. I'm no expert but I'm struggling to understand how a light with a 6,000mAh battery should have a worse run time than one with 5,200mAh, given the same claimed output on low?? Anyway, I'll see how it performs when it turns up.