Fat Fighters '22 - (The year of victory edition!)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Tomwoodbury

Re: Fat Fighters '22 - (The year of victory edition!)

Post by Tomwoodbury »

82.7 kg as at 01/01/22

Historically I’ve always been about 75kg so aiming for that as a start.
Rapideye

Post by Rapideye »

I'll join too. Weighed today at 78.4kg and aim to get to 72kg, or nearabout. Did the same loss about the start of summer last year but then put it back on as Winter neared. Too many biscuits and snacks...maybe beer too.
adjustablewench

Post by adjustablewench »

So
01/12/22 78.7kg

Will be aiming for a dry January and beyond but may have some wine to wash down cheese at the winter event.

Aiming for a return to a LCHF diet and a return to a decent amount of exercise

Had a crap 2021 so need to get my head and body back in good shape - and turning 50 at Christmas seems to have added some extra motivation too. Which isnt a bad thing

(Although I'd happily accept being a less motivated 30 year old 🤣)
ootini

Post by ootini »

02/01/22 = 89.9kg
gairym

Post by gairym »

I might well run out of time/steam/motivation in the future but at this point I plan to resurrect an old BBFF's tradition and create a monthly graph/chart so that we can all see how we're progressing in lovely, HD, technicolour splendor!

(Thinking I'll do it as either kgs +/- from the start weight OR percentage of goal loss achieved OR as a percentage of overall weight so the scale is all equal for everyone - any thoughts/reasons why one and not the other welcomed...)
ton

Post by ton »

stones and pounds suits me Gairy. :-bd
gairym

Post by gairym »

Sorry, I've not got a time machine capable of travelling back to when that archaic system made sense (it never made sense).

Totally cool if folks want to do theirs in old money but I certainly don't gots time to convert everything from imperial into meaningful / modern numbers :lol:

(Note on tone: I'm being flippantly provocative in order to have fun - not really having a go. I will, however only be using the metric system)
Alec

Post by Alec »

02/01/22 first weigh in of the year, 96.6kg
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

2021 was good for me, until I got sick at the end and everything went to sub standard due to depression. Now I've got more to lose than I lost last time.

Going to take things pretty easy to start, I imagine that I'll be cancelling all my 2022 events so so rush to try and get back to any sort of crazy light weight.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

How does this work?
I'm 94.9kg on 3/1/22
gairym

Post by gairym »

Taylor wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:36 pm How does this work?
I'm 94.9kg on 3/1/22
It works just like that.

Each week (or whenever) you post your updated weight and if you fancy posting your target weight then I can plot your progress along with others.

And from there we just chat about all things health/fitness/density etc...
riderdown

Post by riderdown »

109.6kg on the bathroom scales
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Going to extend my fasting to 18/6 this year. Going to go with a hard cut off at 23:00 so I don't find myself eating random junk with my remaining calories.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

gairym wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:53 pm
Taylor wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:36 pm How does this work?
I'm 94.9kg on 3/1/22
It works just like that.

Each week (or whenever) you post your updated weight and if you fancy posting your target weight then I can plot your progress along with others.

And from there we just chat about all things health/fitness/density etc...
I want to lose lots unless there's wine and cheese and then I can pretend I'm nice and chubby like Boris at a "work meeting".
Is under 80kg achievable in 12 month or is that too big an ask without a massive shift in lifestyle?
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

I'm in, after starting 2021 relatively well and doing some good rides over summer, I started a degree in Autumn and then got totally distracted from riding meant I ended the year the heaviest I've ever been. Aiming to get back in the 85kg range (80kg is the top of the recommended BMI weight but when I was playing sport regularly I was 85kgs while measuring in the healthy for fat composition).

Weighed in on 1/1/21 at 94.9kg
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Taylor wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:06 pm Is under 80kg achievable in 12 month or is that too big an ask without a massive shift in lifestyle?
Looks like we're on similar paths!
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

AndyTheBikeGuy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:10 pm
Taylor wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:06 pm Is under 80kg achievable in 12 month or is that too big an ask without a massive shift in lifestyle?
Looks like we're on similar paths!
:-bd
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is under 80kg achievable in 12 month or is that too big an ask without a massive shift in lifestyle?
It's about 2.5 stone, so I'd say yes, it's doable.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Yeah, 15kg in a year is perfectly reasonable, that said, it depends on your definition of "massive shift in lifestyle".

To lose a quarter of a kg a week (you'll likely lose more at the start), you'll definitely need to pay attention to what you're eating.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

Richard G wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:33 pm
Yeah, 15kg in a year is perfectly reasonable, that said, it depends on your definition of "massive shift in lifestyle".

To lose a quarter of a kg a week (you'll likely lose more at the start), you'll definitely need to pay attention to what you're eating.
I was more meaning virtually starving myself with regards to the "massive shift".
I've got a fairly physical job rather than pressing buttons sat on my backside so I need a reasonable amount of fuel going in to avoid crashing during the day.
I know I put more on my plate than I should, I was thinking slightly smaller portions and less alcohol with less snacking on stuff in the evening.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

It’s going to depend on your genes/metabolism/gut flora/luck. An aim of 1kg month loss is very reasonable, should be achievable with modest lifestyle changes and would probably be easily sustainable.
I’m pretty lucky in that I can loose up to 1kg/week easily enough - mostly by cutting out the crap, showing restraint and identifying fasting days or parts of days.
It’s keeping at my goal weight I have trouble with.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
The Cumbrian

Post by The Cumbrian »

I'll jump on this bandwagon too. I lost 2 1/2 stone last year and that's made a big difference, so I want to lose at least another 2 stones this year.

I've put half a stone on over Christmas, but I enjoyed every morsel I ate and every drop I drank, so I'm not too disheartened.

4th Jan, 16' 5'' or 103.8kg.
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

The Cumbrian wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:35 pm I've put half a stone on over Christmas, but I enjoyed every morsel I ate and every drop I drank, so I'm not too disheartened.
Full stone for me, ironically a lot of the food we had didn't seem to be particularly good.

I've kept notes so I don't buy any of those particular options next year!

(Still working through the good cheese though... not ideal for weight loss. :lol: )
gairym

Post by gairym »

Had an appointment with the surgeon today re: my umbilical hernia operation :-bd

Thanks to anti-vaxxers there's loads of slots newly available and so I'm booked in for surgery on the 31st.

The down side is that it means the entire of February with zero exercise or work BUT.....on the plus side I'll finally be fixed and able to do the core strength stuff needed to keep my back in fine fettle (currently not possible).

All I need to do is run a slight calorie deficit for the recovery month and I should still be on track for my yearly plans.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Good luck with the op and recovery.