Bike Boxes and Rome Airport

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

DanLear

Bike Boxes and Rome Airport

Post by DanLear »

Morning,
Planning the Wolf's Lair for next summer and looking into the logistics...
Has anyone either stored bike boxes in the Rome Airport left luggage or purchased/acquired boxes in the near vicinity?

When we did Turin/Nice we had the option to buy boxes at Nice airport, but not seeing anything similar for Rome...

Grazie!
In Reverse

Re: Bike Boxes and Rome Airport

Post by In Reverse »

edit, was going to suggest left luggage but I see you've mentioned that :grin:

Never done Rome airport left luggage but have never had a problem with it anywhere else.
slarge

Post by slarge »

Or post out in a cardboard box, discard it when you get there, and on the return leg arrange a cardboard bike box from a local bike shop- would save the cost of luggage storage. From what I remember of other airports there was some limitation on storage - may have been box size or something
robbie

Post by robbie »

Not sure if this helps but I took my bike fully boxed on the bus from airport to the trainstation in the centre on my way out. When I was back in Rome I contacted a random bike shop to see if they would help me box the bike back up and they were more than happy to do it for 30 or 40 euro if I remember correctly. In the end I never flew home from Rome but instead cycled to Pisa so can't comment on the packaging job😂.
Don't try to plan to far ahead it's usually easy to sort something on the fly👍