China's ultramarathon tragedy...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

China's ultramarathon tragedy...

Post by Richard G »

China's ultramarathon tragedy and the survivors threatened for speaking out
When Zhang Xiaotao woke up he was in a cave and somebody had lit a fire to keep him warm. He had no idea how he'd got there.

Zhang's frozen unconscious body had been found by a passing shepherd who'd wrapped him in a quilt and carried him over his shoulders to safety. He was one of the lucky ones.

In May this year, 21 competitors died at an ultra-running event in northern China hit by extreme weather conditions: hail, heavy rain and intense gales caused temperatures to plummet, and nobody seemed prepared for it...
Thought I'd link this here as there are a number of relatable aspects, though thankfully not the censorship (yet).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/59038194
ledburner

Re: China's ultramarathon tragedy...

Post by ledburner »

Richard G wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:14 pm China's ultramarathon tragedy and the survivors threatened for speaking out
When Zhang Xiaotao woke up he was in a cave and somebody had lit a fire to keep him warm. He had no idea how he'd got there.

Zhang's frozen unconscious body had been found by a passing shepherd who'd wrapped him in a quilt and carried him over his shoulders to safety. He was one of the lucky ones.

In May this year, 21 competitors died at an ultra-running event in northern China hit by extreme weather conditions: hail, heavy rain and intense gales caused temperatures to plummet, and nobody seemed prepared for it...
Thought I'd link this here as there are a number of relatable aspects, though thankfully not the censorship (yet).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/59038194
I thought i had already replied to. comparing it you this to an article in by the the unsolved mystery of skeleton lake BBC & also covered by Nat Geo & NY times.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Very interesting.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Richard G wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:36 am Very interesting.
and tragic :cry: , Hail stones cracking skulls. :shock: that would go through your brolley. If you had a tin hat or helmet, the onslaught would cause seririous neck injuries... sobering...
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..