Gravel winter tyres

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ootini

Gravel winter tyres

Post by ootini »

I'm looking for some 700c winter tyres for my arkose. WTB nanos or Maxxis Ravagers currently top of the list. Will be setup with tubes btw.
What say ye?
HUX

Re: Gravel winter tyres

Post by HUX »

If you're using tubes and not fussed about being lightweight I'd be going for schwalbe smart Sam's 700x40c.
boxelder

Post by boxelder »

I followed some advice from here and got some Continental AT Rides. Couldn't get them to go tubeless, but they've been great. Cheap too
https://www.bikester.co.uk/continental- ... skQAvD_BwE
Can't remember where I got them - not at Bikester though
faustus

Post by faustus »

Not really winter tyres per se but look to be very versatile, i've got some Goodyear Connector Ultimates on the way. Think they come in 40mm and 50mm and OK price. For me mainly to cope with mix of skanky lanes and off road through the winter.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I use WTB resolutes all year round - they make a good winter tyre and I'm too lazy to swap them out for something faster rolling in the summer.
faustus

Post by faustus »

Having received the goodyear tyres in the post, not actually convinced they'll be good for winter off road. Will try anyway as they compound might be good...Resolutes always look a decent tread for a good mix of everything.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

They're a little draggy on tarmac but I recently used them on a 4 day tour across a mix of country roads, railtrail, towpath, gravel and single track and the only time they got a bit squirrelly was going through a mudpatch at speed. I probably should change them out for something slicker during the summer but I don't care enough about the road drag to bother