How did Stu miss this - gravel

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Pirahna

How did Stu miss this - gravel

Post by Pirahna »

Apparently it's the British Gravel Championships this weekend. A mate just sent me a couple of pics of people riding around Kings Forest outside Thetford.

https://kingscupgravel.com/british-grav ... pionships/
Bearbonesnorm

Re: How did Stu miss this - gravel

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Oh no, there's a post about it somewhere. I recall people might have questioned how / why it was the gravel 'championships' without a governing body.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Boab

Post by Boab »

It would be hilarious to watch tomorrow afternoon, if the apocalyptic rain arrived earlier than predicted...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Boab wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:22 pm It would be hilarious to watch tomorrow afternoon, if the apocalyptic rain arrived earlier than predicted...
It should be good fun to watch without the rain. Whilst Kings Forest is peppered with gravel tracks and about as flat as things get, it's also very, very sandy. The fastest thing around that place is something with 3 inch tyres, definitely not a gravel bike.
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

I've gone through two sets of brake pads (without using them) and full drive chain set, during a wet D2D ride. Only saving grace was the supplier of the bottom bracket had a trade stand there and accepted warranty!!