A caution!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ssnowman

A caution!

Post by ssnowman »

WTF, this is unbelievable and unacceptable that he only got a caution.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan ... e-58558802
May satan walk with you
fatbikephil

Re: A caution!

Post by fatbikephil »

Hmm - the guy put his hand on the mirror to keep pace with him... Thats a total no-no unless your a pro and the guy in the car is the team doctor so I suspect there is more to this than the story suggests....
BreninBeener

Post by BreninBeener »

Sadly an admitted no injury common assault with no previous offending behaviour will end up very often in a caution

Ian
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Nobody comes out of that looking great tbh - cyclist should have ignored the driver, there's absolutely nothing to be gained from trying to pick a row with someone who's beeped their horn at you; driver's a moron and a danger to other road users.

Morale of the story: don't go to Swindon
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I did think that the overtaking looked alright. Yes, the driver did beep his horn but maybe it was to make the riders aware he was there? I dunno, chances are that outside looking in we'll never know for sure but the film doesn't seem to show any reason for confrontation.
May the bridges you burn light your way
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

This one off the sidebar is a horrow-show. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-wales-43421271

Don't drive tired yo.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Full story here

https://road.cc/content/news/cyclist-pu ... ver-286281

Driver brake checked the group after passing. Group leader tried to explain why they were riding 2 abreast but got assaulted. There’s too much fixation on his light touch on the mirror.

You punch someone while driving a car and it is 10000% your fault regardless of what they said. You knock another rider off as a result of this and it’s multiplied by 10. You should be done for assault.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

If I was driving and a cyclist decided to have a rant at me, whatever the reason, there's no way I'd throw a punch. The rider could have gone under the wheels, dead or maimed for life. Considering the vulnerability of the cyclist and how unnecessary the punch was, I'd have hoped for a bit more than a caution.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Oh well another dick in a car, they should form a club and have a forum....
I was thinking of the old peletons on the road thing that everyone gets so worked up about and surely its better to pass a group of cyclists who are all riding in a nice tight bunch rather than strung out along the road over tens of meters.
Moral? Assume every other road user is a mad idiot out to kill you....