Scribe v Hunt

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Boab

Scribe v Hunt

Post by Boab »

After the weekends riding over the North York Moors, I'm now absolutely certain that I need higher volume tyres; so the search for a 650b gravel wheelset continues. With various brand out of stock, or stupidly expensive, and some custom options with lead times too long for them to arrive before the BB200, I think I've settled on two options. It's looking like either the Scribe Gravel Wide++ 650B CD or the Hunt 650B Adventure Carbon Disc Wheelset.

Hunt seem to have a good reputation for customer service, but I haven't heard much about Scribe. Anyone got any, or know of anyone who has Scribe wheels...?

I'm aware there are other options, like the Parcours Alta 650B, although their hubs got utterly slatted, or they're just brilliant, take your pick, either way doesn't fill me with confidence. :shrug: There's also the Sector GCi, but they're utterly gopping and expensive compared to the Scribe, Hunt and Parcours.
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
slarge

Re: Scribe v Hunt

Post by slarge »

I’ve had wheels built by a fella called Mark Pollard who trades as Spokesman wheels - he has an eBay account but you get 10% discount going direct.

I had a pair of 1450gram 29 er carbon wheels built for around £800 a couple of years ago.

My Hunt road wheels I am very happy with if that helps
redefined_cycles

Re: Scribe v Hunt

Post by redefined_cycles »

I rode with a chap last week on his Scribe. Seemed happy with em. We took the pee out of his freehub the whole time which sounded very HOPEish...