Show Me Your 6 Pack

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Escape Goat

Show Me Your 6 Pack

Post by Escape Goat »

Hiya all.

I had a bit of time to look at my bars whilst shoving the bike around the Lakes recently and I wondered who has come across better brackets than the ones that come with Exposure? I'm Stooge bar user and won't change that any time soon. Though the computer takes up a fair bit of space if I'm using one that has OS maps on.

So, let's see your Six Pack set ups, inspire me and maybe educate me on what other things are out there. Google isn't showing too much stuff....

My set up with my Wahoo and GPS 64

I've not got a picture of the set up with a Garmin 1030 with battery pack and Six Pack, I'll take one tomorrow and upload.

Thanks!
Chew

Re: Show Me Your 6 Pack

Post by Chew »

What’s wrong with the exposure bracket?

If your looking to create space you can always use them inverted.
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

My Garmin 1030 is now in the middle of the stem, I'll upload a piccy tomorrow.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Not the best of shots and its a Maxx D but this is on full width stooge motos with pogies, garmin dakota (on a RAM mount), bell and blinky trace (hidden behind the fuel cell). The bar roll straps go nicely outside the light / GPS bracket and the fuel cell (s) straps go outside these again. I've also used one of those accessory bars (a bit of carbon tubing in a couple of clamps) to lower the bar roll as it can get in the way of the light if its stuffed full. ooh, just remembered another pic.....
Also a bit crap but this shows the bar roll on the accessory bar as I wanted unimpeded light.
Lose a GPS device??
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Lose a GPS device??
Was thinking similar, why the Wahoo and GPS?
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Ah, it's the rise of the Stooge bars that's causing the problem.

I think the Exposure mounts are fine, so not sure what you could do to improve them, but if it's just that you are struggling for flat bar space then an extended bracket for the devices might solve the problem?

I made one out if some 31.8 tubing and four reflector mounts but they are available cheaply online. I'd likely opt for one with two handlebar clamps, purely due to the weight you'll have on it.

Edit: is it having the Garmin Battery Extender that is now causing the problem as this has to sit under the 1030 on an outfront bracket?
Escape Goat

Post by Escape Goat »

I've lost a gps device now. The GPS 64 is no more. Wahoo is in a draw and I have my 1030 with OS maps on

Having it at bar position means it's a but low and lights up my bag in front. I may have to consider a home made 31.8 bracket :)
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

I'd put the light back in the centre and use an extender to lift it up if required. IMO the Exposure mount is the best light mount there is (the same design is used to mount the spot-lights on my friends historic rally cay, albeit bigger) and as the 6 Pack is the most expensive thing on the bars it should be on the best mount.

With it moved up you might be able to get the GPS behind it on a different mount. Here's mine from way back in the day before I went Jones, albeit Revo and Etrex.

Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

I've not got a 6 pack (more a party 7) but my Revo has the same mount which I've extended by using a countersunk bolt and short length of carbon tube cut off tri bar extensions. The light is now plenty high enough to clear bar bag clutter.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Inspired by the Americans who run black diamond headlamps (sic), I've bought one of these.

It will sit just under my helmet with the headband, or you can velcro it to a helmet, light front and battery rear to give balance.

https://exposurelights.com/product/head ... -torch-gmb
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Having similar problems since the change of bike and bars. I've flipped my Garmin 'out front' mount so it now points towards me (more of an 'out back' now) this lets me use my Garmin battery pack but still struggling to get enough height on the light.
I've got a 31.8 bar mount (the double accessory mount with the carbon bar between) but it obviously won't fit 35mm bars.... I can't find a 35mm option, had anybody got/seen one?
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

rufus748 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:41 pm Having similar problems since the change of bike and bars. I've flipped my Garmin 'out front' mount so it now points towards me (more of an 'out back' now) this lets me use my Garmin battery pack but still struggling to get enough height on the light.
I've got a 31.8 bar mount (the double accessory mount with the carbon bar between) but it obviously won't fit 35mm bars.... I can't find a 35mm option, had anybody got/seen one?
minoura space grip bar extension [edit :sgs-400-os https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Minoura-Space- ... _63947.htm] , then a spacer for the mini bar to take it back to 31.8mm dia.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

ledburner wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:43 pmminoura space grip bar extension [edit :sgs-400-os https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Minoura-Space- ... _63947.htm] , then a spacer for the mini bar to take it back to 31.8mm dia.
Funny enough I went into my lbs this morning and picked up one of those and it fits a treat. Problem solved :-bd
Great minds eh?!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

rufus748 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:23 pm
ledburner wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:43 pmminoura space grip bar extension [edit :sgs-400-os https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Minoura-Space- ... _63947.htm] , then a spacer for the mini bar to take it back to 31.8mm dia.
Funny enough I went into my lbs this morning and picked up one of those and it fits a treat. Problem solved :-bd
Great minds eh?!
yes but I got there first. :grin: but it's been on my bike for 9 mths. hope it sort it all out! :-bd
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Careful, they do snap. I had one snap a few years ago and lighting the rest of the ride was interesting

I now prefer the twin arm ones as a bit of a backup
ledburner

Post by ledburner »