Weekend plans?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Weekend plans?

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh, last long weekend before Christmas (shut up), so have you got any plans? Anything exciting or is it a trudge round Ikea? Me, I'm home alone with the dogs until Tuesday which means plenty of jobs here to keep me occupied.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Re: Weekend plans?

Post by RIP »

Well I wouldn't have bothered as rather OT, but go on then since you ask, and since you're a man who likes a nice voluptuous liner or two - gotta get these dropped in. Pistons all ready, but the gibbering loons at Lincoln put a few of the small-end bearings in the wrong way round (good job we spotted it) so they've got to go back. Bill, stop sitting there swigging tea and get on with it!

Last edited by RIP on Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Are they screw in liners Reg?
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Catching a train to Bangor, then cycling across to Anglesey to bivvy with my son, daughter and a grandson. Already done my August BaM so this is a bonus.
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
RIP

Post by RIP »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:37 pm Are they screw in liners Reg?
Nah, just plop 'em in. That machine's in engine hospital at the moment obviously. Couple of mainline-registered pals in action last weekend: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2Z3DatmlOM. Just don't talk to me about turbocharger oil seals. Ridiculous pastime. Might give up and keep tropical fish instead. Much less nerve-wracking (*).

(*) although depends what type of fish I suppose. Right vicious little sods some of 'em apparently.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Not a lot, Mrs-voodoo is working nights all weekend (nurse), so me and mini-voodoo will try our best to be quiet and keep out of the house (obviously no need to be quiet then!).

Oulton Park on Sunday to watch the gold cup is my only plan :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Duty Manager for me so need to keep in or very close to home and the phone. Typically its to be very sunny so the garden will get some attention and I'll be trying to resurrect my decrepit suzuki drz.
Dyffers

Post by Dyffers »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:22 pm Ooh, last long weekend before Christmas...
16-17th October is going to feel pretty long. :lol:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

A Saturday night bike bivi after tea locally (if I can get a pass from SWMBO :roll: ) and a long ride home on Sunday morning
Last edited by JohnClimber on Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Transcambrian
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

A leisurely ride round the YD300 route
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

On-call for work so got to stick near the house all weekend, might do a bit of packing for my Hebrides trip next weekend though.

Got a brand new BCT ridge tent I need to try and setup to take some pics for ebay, always fun on a concrete yard.

Need to sort the workshop out in the cellar, build a hefty bench and do a few trips to the dump.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

An outside chance of joining the Borders 220 group start. Need to do a fair bit of bike fettling and packing first though so will need work to be quiet tomorrow. If I don't manage that I might head up there on Saturday anyway and bodge something on my tod.
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

1st Comp Safari event for about 4 years. We* drove the 1st incarnation of the truck beyond some of the driveline's limits, so we went back to the drawing board and completely redesigned and rebuilt it. Finally ready to get it back out there and see if the concept works.

The only bit of Hilux left is the cab and doors.

*When I say "we", I mean I hold the spanners and pass them to my highly skilled friend to use :lol: :oops:

Si
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I am oar number 5 in the Brixham Gig Rowing club men’s super vets team racing at the Dartmouth Regatta
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I am oar number 5
I now have a vision of some big bloke dipping your head in the water.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:20 am
I am oar number 5
I now have a vision of some big bloke dipping your head in the water.
Which will probably happen if I don’t try hard enough
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

I'm gonna reattempt the bivvy ride I bailed on the other week due to back issues....
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 4

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Hoping my over active bowels settle enough for a decent ride tomorrow. Was half thinking of a short ride to bivy tonight, but there's obvious potential issues there with my current situation!

Definitely a couple of sea swims anyway.

I'm away with a friend to Orkney next Wednesday for 4 days of riding from a camping pod base, so priority is really to be physically right for that.
ootini

Post by ootini »

Off camping near Aberystwyth with my wife and son. Taking the bikes for pottering about on, but mostly being tourists.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Moder-dye wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:38 am Hoping my over active bowels settle enough for a decent ride tomorrow. Was half thinking of a short ride to bivy tonight, but there's obvious potential issues there with my current situation!

I do hope that these two statements don't collide :shock: :lol:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
faustus

Post by faustus »

Some actual time this weekend during the day to do a bit of riding...so some riding hopefully!
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

whitestone wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:44 am
Moder-dye wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:38 am Hoping my over active bowels settle enough for a decent ride tomorrow. Was half thinking of a short ride to bivy tonight, but there's obvious potential issues there with my current situation!

I do hope that these two statements don't collide :shock: :lol:
Depth charge? It has been known! :lol:
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

darbeze wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:38 am 1st Comp Safari event for about 4 years. We* drove the 1st incarnation of the truck beyond some of the driveline's limits, so we went back to the drawing board and completely redesigned and rebuilt it. Finally ready to get it back out there and see if the concept works.
Which club do you race with? I've not driven mine* since at least 2016 I think. Nothing wrong with it, just ended up cycling instead.

As for my plans.... DIY, again :sad:

* Still have it and should sell it really, no tyre kickers or test pilots, lottery winners can apply for a viewing by PM :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
darbeze

Post by darbeze »

sean_iow wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:50 pm
darbeze wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:38 am 1st Comp Safari event for about 4 years. We* drove the 1st incarnation of the truck beyond some of the driveline's limits, so we went back to the drawing board and completely redesigned and rebuilt it. Finally ready to get it back out there and see if the concept works.
Which club do you race with? I've not driven mine* since at least 2016 I think. Nothing wrong with it, just ended up cycling instead.

As for my plans.... DIY, again :sad:

* Still have it and should sell it really, no tyre kickers or test pilots, lottery winners can apply for a viewing by PM :lol:
We drive with the All Wheel Drive Club. Most safari events are in Wales (Sweet Lamb, Walters Arena, Ebbw Vale), but this weekend is Ilfracombe in North Devon, so not too far for us in South Devon.

Si