Bit like a TailFin - kinda.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Bit like a TailFin - kinda.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Not seen these before. Sort of a cross between a TailFin and a Thule. Might be useful for someone, especially those with little available seatpost.

https://aeroe.com/products/spider-rear-rack
May the bridges you burn light your way
Dyffers

Re: Bit like a TailFin - kinda.

Post by Dyffers »

Shaf would enjoy bolting that to his carbon frame then putting a few kilos on the top. :lol:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

and will fit any bike
Doesn't look like it has enough width for a 5" tyre
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Dyffers wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:15 pm Shaf would enjoy bolting that to his carbon frame then putting a few kilos on the top. :lol:
Lol... but that price, it seems like a system investment and I'm back with a backpack :grin:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Saw that the other. Thought it looked OK at first, if heavy, but then I figured the only advantage has over a Tailfin (even an alloy Tailfin is half the weight, and about the same price) is that it doesn't need a seatpost/tube attachment so would work with rear suspension... but if you were using rear suspension, would you really want to load it up with that much weight? If I had to carry more than a 1kg on the rear (and that things a 1kg itself) I'd probably use a rigid plus bike or hardtail*, at which point a Tailfin or just a normal (tubular steel?) would start to look more attractive.

*this might seem backwards, in that carrying more would have more need for suspension, but it's more that if I was carrying that much I probably wouldn't be riding anything needing suspension. All a bit hypothetical TBH... TLS and all that