26' Race Kings

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Chew

26' Race Kings

Post by Chew »

Looking for some new fast rolling tyres. I like the Michelin tyres i currently have, but they dont make them any more :cry:

So Race Kings are very popular in 29er variety but any experiences in baby wheeled form?
gairym

Re: 26' Race Kings

Post by gairym »

I've been running 'em for the last year or so (since Stu suggested them on here I think) and they're nice.

Not too heavy and nice and fast but as a result not great in anything too wet and stodgy.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Used to have them on the back of my 26" SS. I liked them (have a few still in the garage looking for a home if you want to try them on the cheap, PM if so). Really fast but little cornering grip on anything damp or loose, to be expected really from a tread like that.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

I must admit, my personal experience of conti's has been that I don't like the way they grip. I'm a schwalbe fan boy these days.

But horses for courses and all that.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I must admit, my personal experience of conti's has been that I don't like the way they grip.
There's only really two types of tyre IMO. There's 'Slip to Grip' (Maxxis, WTB) and there's 'Grip to Slip" ... I find Conti's grip to slip*.

*Which I like.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Way back in the day I bought into the whole Conti' Vert' thing. I've never been a Conti fan / user since ;)

Each to their own mind 8-)