OT: Rich People in Space

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

HopeValleyPaul

Re: OT: Rich People in Space

Post by HopeValleyPaul »

I wonder if Bezos and his mates had to piss and crap in bottles and boxes like many of his employees are forced to on a regular basis.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... rooms-memo

I think going to space is a great thing….. if everything else is done right first. We should concentrate on ensuring everyone in the world has access to clean water, education and health care first.
tobasco

Post by tobasco »

It’s the unforeseen consequences I fear*. I’m all for pushing technology if it has spin-offs which will improve life for people in poverty, and if it pushes tech related to how a plan to deal with a slowly cooking planet. But these latest escapades seem to be focused on tourism FFS.

* Are they leaving any of their trash up their? I guess not, they aren’t going high enough to hit orbit.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I have nothing to add to this thread that wouldn't be overwhelmed by the associated expletives and might result in me being placed on some list as a potential *terrorist* against the "wealthy".

Hey ho :roll:
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

If I had the choice of billionaires spaffing money on space or yachts I'd choose space
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
faustus

Post by faustus »

I'm sure the 'science' they conducted in the 4 minutes they were in space was most valuable. :roll:

For me this is a billionaire's p1ssing contest which I couldn't give less of a sh1t about, if it didn't annoy me so much. It's total crap even trying to look at living on another planet (one of Bezo's stated visions), it's a psychotic denial of the fundamental truths of nature and planetary sustainability. You don't help the planet sustain itself by creating a mega-corporation founded on the exploitation of the planet's resources, and then put the icing on that vision by spanking hundreds of millions of dollars for a joy-ride in the sky. Tw@ts.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Attachments
AF3AFD6C-14EB-4E0F-AF1E-AB84DF7AD4A0.jpeg
AF3AFD6C-14EB-4E0F-AF1E-AB84DF7AD4A0.jpeg (75.85 KiB) Viewed 407 times