Hot, eh?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Hot, eh?

Post by TheBrownDog »

Arse and heck I'm overheating. My house deals with hot weather well for a few days but last night it gave up. With no overnight breeze, all the hot air in here had a sleepover and I spent a second night on a camp bed out on my terrace, pushing slugs off my face and generally not sleeping.

Tonight, my strategy involves filling the bath with cold water and getting in there every now and then.

I see most of Wales is about to be turned to dust.

So, how are you all doing?
I'm just going outside ...
Boab

Re: Hot, eh?

Post by Boab »

Banging thunderstorms all afternoon. Got no work done as I was just looking at https://www.lightningmaps.org/...
There are theories at the bottom of my jargon.
arkay

Post by arkay »

Normally I don't mind the heat but I am struggling with working from home, as my "office" (aka bedroom) faces west and gets the full blast of afternoon sunshine. My laptop is pumping out more heat and I still have work to do but I think I will sack it off and finish it later tonight once it has cooled down a bit.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Wales actually is dry, dusty and feels like the Vosges more than the UK. Currently trying to ride my bike to Snowdon again, from home. Set off on Sat. Melting a bit more each day. I can't cope with hills in the heat but I have learned how good a mid day nap and taking it easy can be.
Bumped into Tim from Kendal on the road the other day, he was headed south.
I was thinking of bailing and heading home on Sunday after really struggling in the heat but now thinking of it as a rare thing, a gift - all the good stuff of Wales with added south of France conditions. Not bad for being 'stuck in the UK'?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I've been laying flags and concrete edging today. Sat / Sun I was moving and stacking wood ready for winter :-bd

May the bridges you burn light your way
arkay

Post by arkay »

jameso wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:22 pm Wales actually is dry, dusty and feels like the Vosges more than the UK. Currently trying to ride my bike to Snowdon again, from home. Set off on Sat. Melting a bit more each day. I can't cope with hills in the heat but I have learned how good a mid day nap and taking it easy can be.
Bumped into Tim from Kendal on the road the other day, he was headed south.
I was thinking of bailing and heading home on Sunday after really struggling in the heat but now thinking of it as a rare thing, a gift - all the good stuff of Wales with added south of France conditions. Not bad for being 'stuck in the UK'?
Certainly not like that down south. Although it’s hot at the moment the trails are still pretty claggy and even wet in places after a very soggy June. Definitely been drier further north and west this summer.
Chrisps

Post by Chrisps »

The heat ruined my time on the Lakeland 200... Had to keep jumping in rivers to cool down :P

Ok, so I don't think the heat made any difference - its just blooming difficult! To be fair though I never never seen a river of sweat running down my arm before!
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Ridiculously hot at the mo

I went for a ride last night in the heatwave. I got absolutely caked in mud, obviously picked the wrong trails. I was looking for new ones, won't be heading back to those in a rush

Just popped down to the beach with the family, had a takeaway dinner (from home) and then messed around on the beach for a bit. It was nicely busy. Lots of folks out on SUPs and the odd inflatable kayak. I can see a SUP purchase happening in the near future. Will probably head back tomorrow night again, weather is nice and I forgot to take swimmers so didn't do anything more than wading, will rectify that tomorrow

Back to the (home) office to finish work, it's boiling up here
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Took complete advantage of it last night and went up Tryfan :-bd
Attachments
68D41E9F-83E5-405E-B5C3-A18599A84F7C.jpeg
68D41E9F-83E5-405E-B5C3-A18599A84F7C.jpeg (201.35 KiB) Viewed 650 times
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Its bloody amazing - we had a proper winter, a proper spring and now its a proper summer :-bd
Just wish I could time my weeks off with the good weather Cue thunderstorms in the Yorkshire dales weekend after next....