'sposures (again)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

'sposures (again)

Post by fatbikephil »

I'm idly contemplating my front light collection (selling bikes is a bad idea as you have to spend all the dosh on more bike stuff) and whilst my Maxx D is very good, it is like having a tin of beans bolted to the front of you bike. OK in the darkest depths of winter but overkill for those summer 300k's :???: So anyway Toros seem not bad but race is lighter so obviously better and best of all cheaper. Any race users like to confirm they are fine for 12 foot step downs typical trail riding
sean_iow

Re: 'sposures (again)

Post by sean_iow »

Normally I'd recommend the Toro, but as you have a Maxx D then the Race would be a good alternative. My mate has a Race (quite an old one) and it's a good light. The run time/brightness payoff isn't as good as the Toro but for summers where you are I guess it would be Ideal.

As well as the cost saving it's 100g or so lighter (no pun intended) :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
slarge

Post by slarge »

Exposure are selling off their factory seconds at the moment. I’ve not gone looking for good reason …..
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Use the Toro since last year and have been pleased with it. My riding is more XC/road stuff rather than you’re flat out, trail centre riding (I realise you mean trails and not trail centre riding).

Have mine on a setting whereby I get 3 hours max burn but I’ll usually get two rides of about 2 hours like this before I (don’t really need to) charge it up again due to flicking between high and low*

Can’t comment from a racers point of view but the light worked well last winter :-bd

*not sure if that makes sense.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

slarge wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:00 am Exposure are selling off their factory seconds at the moment. I’ve not gone looking for good reason …..
Nice one Steve, you just cost me £175 :lol:
Seriously; good shout - Mk14 race bought. Didn't seem much 'worse' than the mk 15. They have one of them for 200 nicker if anyone is interested...
:-bd