Deschutes question/s

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Raggedstone

Deschutes question/s

Post by Raggedstone »

I have just bought a Deschutes tarp it arrived this morning and I have made a temporary extension to my existing pole to make it 49 inches long . I have been messing around pitching it to get it as right as I can, with it all reasonably taught the doors are about 12 inches from the ground is this anywhere near what you would expect .?
sean_iow

Re: Deschutes question/s

Post by sean_iow »

That's what mine is like, the rain doesn't come in underneath. You can also see your bike from bed :grin:

Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Yeah, that's about right Kevin. BTW I've done your extender :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

Thanks Sean and Stu that's good to know :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

It's possible to tilt the whole canopy forward to even out the gap under it and lower the bottom level of the door. When you are setting up keep the rear tie point loose until you peg down the front.
Raggedstone

Post by Raggedstone »

That's an interesting thought Phil I will give that a go when I get the extension piece from Stu I am hoping to do a long ride next year and there will be a few nights on campsites for use of facilities so it would be good to spare people from a sight they probably would rather not see :smile:
I bought it from eBay and it came with the serenity net which having had a read through previous posts I fitted it the way you suggested as if I was wet that's a very good tip I assume it's possible to use the space behind the net if you get organised and don't need any of it in a hurry I only intend to use the net for full on midge moments .