Did you get in: Your BB200/300 entry story

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

Did you get in: Your BB200/300 entry story

Post by redefined_cycles »

Went in and tried to get a ticket at 1003. No sign of a clicky to buy ticket!! Was i too late.

Sob.. sob... sob
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jay91

Re: Did tickets sell out in 3 minutes pls stu

Post by jay91 »

Lunchtime shaf
Trying to ride bikes.
redefined_cycles

jay91 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:09 amLunchtime shaf
Wow.

Phew.

I just emailed Stu for a reserves list thingy.

Lunchtime starts at 1200??
arkay

Post by arkay »

The email I got yesterday said they go on sale at noon. So you haven't missed out yet :smile:
jay91

Post by jay91 »

redefined_cycles wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:11 am
jay91 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:09 amLunchtime shaf
Wow.

Phew.

I just emailed Stu for a reserves list thingy.

Lunchtime starts at 1200??
:-bd
Trying to ride bikes.
redefined_cycles

arkay wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:11 am The email I got yesterday said they go on sale at noon. So you haven't missed out yet :smile:
Yes. It was all a blur and I just realised I did read yeaterdays email but the 'noon' bit didn't register...

Best try and control thw jittering :lol:
redefined_cycles

Re: Did you get in (preemptive)

Title changed... i say 2 mins and it's over. Harder to get a ticket than actually ride the route
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

:lol:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I'm in. Good job the traffic slowed the site down... I set a reminder for 11.45, thought about reminding someone else, then promptly forgot about a) that, and b) entering myself, until 12.15 when he reminded me about it :roll: Hope my brain works better at least for some of the ride.
redefined_cycles

Your BB200/300 entry story

So my story started yesterday upon seeing the email from Stu then getting worried I don't actually have a working bike. Shitty Sonder broke with 3 years warranty remaining but apparently their not designed to go up Wesenden Head cobbles with Ledburner and a touch of power (or whatever I could muster). Their chainstay fractures and its classed as 'a crash'. Off course with their b-corp status they don't need to look into the matter but they do offer a 50% crash replacement.

So, soon after the email I never 'clocked' that the wntry time would be 'noon' and instead started the panic that i was without a bike. Just so noone thinks I'm daft or extravagant, I donated the wheels to Allen (cos he needed em back and I imagine paid over £600 not long before) and the Yemen Hunger Crisis. Like you do, afterall Allah had given me my dream bike (Layla AKA Juliet from Romeo AKA The Crown Jewel) by donating different parts of my bike arsenel over the last year or so to various causes including myself...

So, panic sorted by getting a virtual slap from Robbie (who sold me them wheels) in the written form with a bit of 'here, here' from Colin and the others. I figured I could get a working bike by rebuilding the 'Colin' wheels off Stan (the shitty Sonder) with some QR hubs. Right, so... 10am comes and I panic again.

Three minutes in and the event link isn't there. Has it gone in under a minute like the Vin Diesel movies. Nope, reassurance comes from the forum that noon... Okay, so noon is definitely 12pm. Even I know that despite not having passed my 'citizenship test' ever. So I tell the missus, I'm gonna be your taxi but 12 (noon) might come and I may need to stop the car and quickly enter.

'Noon' arrives and I login to the forum. Bad gateway.. Oh shizzles. Then a few more frozen pages and I decide I need to email Stu directly that I've paid up via paypal. But he's irritable on a normal day.. What would this do to him on 'the big day'. Would he chuck out his dummie... would he tell Reg that it's time to disown me forever.

Okay, so emailing him is a bad idea, but I do it anyway. But don't send any money via paypal. Then check the forum and thankfully its 1213 but there's a bulletin from Stu and Dee. Politely telling everyone to 'step away from the friggin computer'... 'back the frig off'... 'we're still trying to upload the event page but you've gotten your foot stuck in the door'. So I (try to) back off and have a coffee instead. Email Dyffers about the hubs as I could do with some if I'm to rebuild the 'Colin'wheels that were on Stan (the shitty Sonder).

Right... slowly everything slows down for the compulsive lot and the shop starts working. Andy tries to pull a fast one by getting Stu to post the link in the forum. But Stu being fair, tells us that its in the shop. Head over to the shop and click events.. a few refreshes and I'm all paid up. Do I buy the tshirt... probably not cos i can't afford (2 wheeled tramp and all) and have gotten my train ticket back from the chinese embassy for the '100 years of Uigher genocide' for just £12.

Obviously the ticket is from Burton so I'll bivvy down in the Chilterns and dream about the drama of fetching my golden ticket. Will I complete the BB200 this year or will I not. Who cares, cos at least I completed the 'purchase'of it...

Roll forth next year for another attempt (to buy).

The END
techno

Post by techno »

I'm in!
And my mate, for his first event!
He might not be my mate afterwards :lol:
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

techno wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:12 pm I'm in!
And my mate, for his first event!
He might not be my mate afterwards :lol:
Yeah, I'd say that's all but certain.
Looloo

Re: Did you get in: Your BB200/300 entry story

Post by Looloo »

I’m in and coming up with 2 other girls from Somerset - Sharn & Ros. . I hope they know what they’re letting themselves in for!! :-bd
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

I’m in

And on the “proper” bike this year.
No more gravel bikes
Karl

Post by Karl »

I'm in, got to still do last years BB300 yet.

It's not like the olden days. We never had these server problems back in 2014. Those were the days!
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Oh dear, the 'puter got more abuse until I figured it wasn't a problem at this end. I think I'm in so just need to actually get down there this time :roll: Thereafter the riding bit will be straightforward.....
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Gotta say that I was tempted to do it again but making a commitment to the travel held me back. Who knows, I might see what's afoot in October and try to find a cancellation.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Karl wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:26 pm I'm in, got to still do last years BB300 yet.

It's not like the olden days. We never had these server problems back in 2014. Those were the days!
Wish we had.....
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

htrider wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:26 pm Oh dear, the 'puter got more abuse until I figured it wasn't a problem at this end. I think I'm in so just need to actually get down there this time :roll: Thereafter the riding bit will be straightforward.....
Could try and combine travel plans if you like Phil.
FLV

Post by FLV »

I forgot, and went riding in the sun.

Sold out now :sad:
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

thenorthwind wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:25 pm
htrider wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:26 pm Oh dear, the 'puter got more abuse until I figured it wasn't a problem at this end. I think I'm in so just need to actually get down there this time :roll: Thereafter the riding bit will be straightforward.....
Could be a plan Dave. Will suss out nearer the time
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

I’m in.
Plenty of cursing at 12 when nothing would load. Was pretty sure it was the virtually non-existent internet connection we have until I was able to see other sites loading.
Here we go again.
Now to decide if orange is the new black?
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

htrider wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:21 pm
thenorthwind wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:25 pm
Could be a plan Dave. Will suss out nearer the time
:-bd