Don't let me help you with your bike...

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Richard G

Don't let me help you with your bike...

Post by Richard G »

So on my ride today I came across a rider struggling with with a puncture and gave my usual offer of assistance, which was gratefully accepted.

Bit of faffing around (stupidly tight rim / tyre), and one pinched spare tube later (not my fault), we were basically good to go... except the damn tyre wouldn't seat properly on the rim, no matter how much pulling and twisting we put into it.

No worries, have had this with tubeless before. Just need to give it a bit of a bounce... aaaaaand the cassette has come off and the hub is in pieces. Tried to reassemble, clearly bits missing... * spins effortlessly on both directions *

I feel so damn guilty. She was happy enough that at least she could push it somewhere to get a phone signal, but ugh, never helping anyone again. 😭
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Don't let me help you with your bike...

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That's ace* :-bd

*Obviously not for the woman concerned who now needs to track down some pawls that are probably obsolete, meaning that after wasting days searching the internet, she'll need to buy a complete new wheel.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Apparently it's all Graham Jones's fault for giving her a skinny rim that she didn't want in the first place.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Good effort, at least they wouldn't be able to chase after you when you cycled off :-bd
Next time state your disclaimer clearly: "I may be able to help but don't blame me if I break your bike in doing so"
Mart

Post by Mart »

love it :-bd :lol:
2924 miles per Gallon