Disaster area!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Disaster area!

Post by BigdummySteve »

On my last little trip I managed to break a Hope RX4 caliper, shortly afterwards I bounced my shiny AXS derailleur off a tree severely bending the alternator dropouts. When I went to have a well earned rest my mat delaminates resulting in a night on the boards :lol:

So make me feel better, what are your best disasters?
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Disaster area!

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Walking into a pub one cold wet January night with Mike and the lad behind the bar casually mentioning 'we don't serve food'. You can imagine how he took that :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I got out of bed one morning to find a massive digger coming to knock down my house. The day went from bad to worse as I ended up on a spaceship and discovered that my best friend wasn't even human!
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

ScotRoutes wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:57 pm I got out of bed one morning to find a massive digger coming to knock down my house. The day went from bad to worse as I ended up on a spaceship and discovered that my best friend wasn't even human!
:wink:

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:36 pm Walking into a pub one cold wet January night with Mike and the lad behind the bar casually mentioning 'we don't serve food'. You can imagine how he took that :wink:
Can’t have been as bad as when a pub in the black mountains told Pickers that they weren’t serving pudding, nearly welled up he did :((
Perhaps we’d discovered the restaurant as the end of the universe?

middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Got to admit Steve , even by your standards Saturday was exceptional :wink:
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Whatever our box of chocs... Could be worse
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

middleagedmadness wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:50 pm Got to admit Steve , even by your standards Saturday was exceptional :wink:
Bit of a bonus to honest Stu, see I get to upgrade the caliper to the RX4+ for more power AND my gears are now working better than before after some serious hanger alignment tool work, quite liked the mat though :-bd

Verena

Post by Verena »

Driving up to Liverpool with my inflatable canoe for a paddle round the docks with JC , who had taken the morning off especially, and bikerafted his way to meet us. Canoe did a fairly spectacular explosion shortly after being inflated :lol:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Nice! That’s the sort of thing :-bd

Scud

Post by Scud »

Local triathlete in the village where i live came to ask if i could sort out shifting on his new £8000 Specialized Shiv he had for 3 rides as the Di2 was misbehaving.

Fixed it and off he went on a training ride, hear a knock on door 20 minutes later and he is stood there with the bike literally in 2 halves, he had ridden into the back of a parked car at about 30mph and snapped the frame clean in half, clearly also had concussion as he was making little sense. Apparently he had been testing aero positions and one was head tucked against forearms, but surprisingly not with eyes looking ahead it would seem.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Not quite the same but ....

I nipped home from work last weekend.

Today Test&Trace told me to isolate for 10 days as I am a close contact of someone who was on the plane on Friday.

Bit awkward because after the weekend I flew back to Gibraltar. Was only supposed to be here for five days.

Bag. Of. Arse.

:lol: