New Ortlieb bar pack

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

Re: New Ortlieb bar pack

Post by jameso »

I have a MYOG bracket and strap addition for the original Ortlieb accessory pack bar bag, used for a few tours as my bar bag. Adds about 80g. All in all it's a great solution, if a bit on the small side at 3l. So this does very similar things with more capacity - ideally I'd like a 5l version of the accessory pack with the same bracket I have already rather than this KlickFix alternative.
BreninBeener

Post by BreninBeener »

I ama recent convert to an open top rather than open ended bar bag.

My alpkit c.11L double ended drybag works well, but ive always found it a faff getting things out of it or remounting it on the bars.

I now use a smaller Ortlieb open top bag that attaches directly to the bars with some great velcro and around the headtube too. This is used for a day out where its handy for spare clothes and snacks. I can open it and remove or stow things as i ride.

I also have a Wizard Works Mini Shazam. This is also totally brilliant but much bigger. It straps onto your bars with those silicone straps and also around the headstock. The quality of the workmanship is first rate. I cant open and close this quite so easily on the move, but i completwly love it.

It wasnt cheap, but it does exactly what i want. I applied the man logic of its only expensive on the day you buy it, after that its a well functioning source of joy for every outing.

All the bikes i attach these to have carbon bars and dont seem to have caused any problems. The Moots and the Reilly are titanium so dont need and headtube protection. The mtb is carbon and has some frame tape from bike tart in the relevant places.

The little Ortlieb can easily sit on top of another handlebar bag and be rapidly removed if you ise it for your wallet/phone/music etc and it has a waist strap to turn it into a bumbag for those trips into petrol station fridges.

Off to do the KAW on Monday and the Mini Shazam is coming too!

Regards

Ian
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I do have a couple of open-topped bags that will either connect to.my Harness or can be mounted without. As you say, the format is handy for some frequently required items.

The Yakataga is also fully waterproof so handy for electronics if I'm on the water too.