Any advice about a "faulty" Diablo

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Any advice about a "faulty" Diablo

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Been using this for work.

Unfortunately ran it down to flat. Seemed to be charging but won't turn on. Plug it in now and green light on charger, no light on torch.

Asking in the hope of some genius knowing the answer before I go googling and reading TFM 😉
lune ranger

Re: Any advice about a "faulty" Diablo

Post by lune ranger »

Go straight to Exposure if you can’t work it out. I’ve found their customer service and repairs department excellent to deal with when I’ve needed to use them.
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Yeah what Luke says. They'll sort it out quickly, My first Diablo only held a charge for a hour or so and they just sent me a new one, no questions asked.
I'm just going outside ...
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

All perfectly good answers BUT I'm on the red eye flight to work Monday so was hopping to be told a mystery combo of presses and slaps to reset, or at least try. It's been faultless for ages and I suspect its operator error 🙄
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Ah, that sounds invigorating.

Guessing you've tried the advice in their website?

Reset Light
With light off, press and hold on/off button, you will see a series of rapid flashes, then release after 12 flashes
The light will then flash its LED's on the rear green to confirm that the lights has reset

https://exposurelights.com/sync-hub

Ipos facto it's probs a factory fixie jobbie issue. Shame because for me they've been the only proper lights that are really reliable for the past few years.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

When I hadn’t used my joystick for a while I couldn’t get it to work - I thought it was broken until I remembered I needed to double click the on button to turn it on :-bd
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I had to go out and double check last night 😆

No luck with it but Amazon have promised to deliver something appropriate today and I'll stick it on expenses. Will contact Exposure when I get chance for a fix.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

PaulB2 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:37 pm When I hadn’t used my joystick for a while I couldn’t get it to work - I thought it was broken until I remembered I needed to double click the on button to turn it on :-bd
Which has me thinking ,,,, when you were charging it on Friday night, did you actually turn the power on :lol:
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

I had similar issues with my Diablo - turns out, the older charger is not the same as the new charger. No idea why, but on using the new charger (now taped to split it from the other 3 chargers in the house!) it's been fine since.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Tim's post reminded me that I'd not used my Joystick for some considerable time - in my head, last year doesn't exist, so 'considerable' is actually quite a while.

Anyway, I located it and plugged it into an Exposure mains charger. Everything went a bit funny - the led on the charger started to pulse, as did the led on the rear of the light but randomly and the light turned itself on and off a few times. I left it to see what would happen and after a few hours, the light appeared to work as normal.

However, after running it partly down, if I now plug it into the wall charger neither the led on the charger or light do anything. If I plug it in via usb then the led on the light flashes green.

My question is - green flashing light, is that right? I recall the led on the back of the light changes colour but doesn't flash until the battery is very low but then it flashes red, not green.
May the bridges you burn light your way
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

When mine is charging the green light flashes. It goes constant when its trickle charging. Exposure chargers used to be a bit iffy - I went through a couple for my Max D
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

TheBrownDog wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 3:57 pm
PaulB2 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:37 pm When I hadn’t used my joystick for a while I couldn’t get it to work - I thought it was broken until I remembered I needed to double click the on button to turn it on :-bd
Which has me thinking ,,,, when you were charging it on Friday night, did you actually turn the power on :lol:
The gruesome twosome do have a habit of pulling the cable out of the back when grabbing their kindles so that is the likely reason
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

GregMay wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:20 pm I had similar issues with my Diablo - turns out, the older charger is not the same as the new charger. No idea why, but on using the new charger (now taped to split it from the other 3 chargers in the house!) it's been fine since.
That's interesting, as I have a couple of chargers. Is it a gradual malfunction? I ask as I have only used the one for quite a while so it seemed to be compatible.

Lively lights though, just occasionally a bit flighty 🤪
Mart

Post by Mart »

htrider wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:59 pm When mine is charging the green light flashes. It goes constant when its trickle charging. Exposure chargers used to be a bit iffy - I went through a couple for my Max D

me also with my new Joystick
Faulty charger kept blowing the light

To Exposures credit, they sorted it very quickly and efficiently. Amazing service and back up
2924 miles per Gallon