TD 2021

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ssnowman

TD 2021

Post by ssnowman »

Getting interesting at the front end. JP has now taken the lead after trailing Brendan Heinig for several days and dropping quite a bit behind at one point. Looks like race for first and second place is really on!
May satan walk with you
NewRetroTom

Re: TD 2021

Post by NewRetroTom »

So far Brendan has had more sleeping time but has been moving a bit faster. Jay's stopped time is 1d 21h 4m vs Brendan's 2d 3h 11m. So Brendan has covered the same distance in 6 hours less riding time.

I don't know anything about Brendan's ability to keep up that kind of sleep pattern. Jay is certainly the more experienced rider.

The gap between the front two and the rest of the field is huge! Over 200 miles back to the next rider.
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

NewRetroTom wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:54 pm So far Brendan has had more sleeping time but has been moving a bit faster. Jay's stopped time is 1d 21h 4m vs Brendan's 2d 3h 11m. So Brendan has covered the same distance in 6 hours less riding time.
That's what makes it so interesting. Brendan is obviously the faster rider, but JP has the experience of surviving on very little sleep.
May satan walk with you
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

First time dot watching for me, thought I'd give it a go for this one

I thought BrendanH was going to walk away with it a couple of days ago, then looked earlier this morning and JayP was literally about to tip toe past his bivvy, race on.

It's helping to break up the footy overload
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

JP Down into Como now. Missing riding probably the most fun part of the ride on the Gold Dust Trail. Real shame a lot of the riders are not going to get to do it. Not quite the same as just rolling down another gravel road. One of the few true MTB sections on the route.
Shewie

Post by Shewie »

In the bag for JP as he coasts towards the finish line
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

Shewie wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:29 am In the bag for JP as he coasts towards the finish line
That was one hell of a of a battle brewed JP and Brenda Heinig. I really enjoyed watching their dots.
May satan walk with you