Very off topic - pins and needles following AZ jabs

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scud

Very off topic - pins and needles following AZ jabs

Post by Scud »

Sorry of this is a bit off topic.

Had both AZ vaccine jabs, first end of March and second last tuesday. Felt very rough after both, after first 4-5 days of joint and muscle ache and vomited once. Then after 5-6 days started to get slight pins and needled sensations in feet and hands. Rode Badger Divide feeling like i was running at 80% and had numb feet in tent of an evening.

Had second jab last tuesday and again felt the usual muscle and joint ache, but the pins and needles feeling has go worse, with warm sensation running up both lower legs too. Tried to ride bike last night, got no further than 9 miles, feet had huge "hot spots" under pedals and no energy at all.

Looked at advice sheet given out with jabs and under list of side effects it says "in clinical trials there were very rare reports of events associated with inflammation of the nervous system, which may cause numbness, pins and needles, and/ or loss of feeling. However it is not confirmed whether these events were due to vaccine"

But it definitely came on with first jab, and exacerbated by the second...

Just wondered if anyone else had suffered this??
Lazarus

Re: Very off topic - pins and needles following AZ jabs

Post by Lazarus »

No but I also advise ringing the NHS to discuss [111]
faustus

Post by faustus »

Ditto^ - call 111
Scud

Post by Scud »

I have called GP and await a call back from them. Just wondered if it something anyone else has suffered at all.. Always have had a bad reaction to vaccines, had to stop having flu jab as it would be laid up for 3-4 days after it.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

Not the same as you but my work colleague's wife was feeling really ill (severe headache with nausea and vomitting) eleven days after her first vaccination. She went back to the doctor as she thought something else was wrong (she didn't connect it with the vaccine due to the elapsed time). The doctor straight away said it's the vaccine and they'd been getting quite a lot of folks reporting side effects up to two weeks post vaccination. She recovered and was fine after a couple of weeks and had less reaction to the second dose but I think side effects
possibly aren't as unusual as is made out.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I'd call 111 aswell Scud... could be something or nothing. If its something you don't want to delay. Prett sure they'll have a bunch of protocol queations to follow and triage you
Sameer

Post by Sameer »

Lots of reasons for having numbness/pins and needles in the feet which might not have anything to do with the vaccine, best wait for that GP appointment. Having worked on the other end of the phone at 111, that's what they'll probably ask you to do.

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Scud

Post by Scud »

Thanks all. is spoke to GP was told to complete a "yellow card form" with MHRA to formally register issue, and GP is going to call back again in 10 days to see if no better.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

I've been getting them in both hands since my second jab,
My wife is getting them in her feet, I thought mine was from
All the drilling as I'm laying a massive deck at the mo :???:
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Interesting.

I had mild flu like symptoms starting around 12hrs after my first jab and lasting for about 12hrs. No sore arm or headache.

About a month after the jab I started getting pins and needles in my right hand only, maybe the left as well but if so it was very mild. So much delay I didn't link it with the jab. It's usually when typing rather than doing anything "physical". I've also had pretty severe white finger at times, again mainly the right hand, but that's been associated with when I've been driving or riding the bike but not every occasion. I do suffer from white finger anyway so it might just be an exacerbation of an underlying problem.

Got my second jab in a couple of hours. Will monitor how I feel in the weeks ahead.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Scud

Post by Scud »

If you do believe the symptoms are from the vaccine, then log them here:

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk/

As it helps with the research. Tricky one, i have a Type 1 diabetic daughter and a wife who is a consultant on a cancer ward, so i'd never have skipped the jabs as i feel it my civic duty, but speaking to the GP yesterday, they are clearly seeing some odd side effects from the jab, AZ in particular.
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

That’s the beauty of buying British :???:
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Cyclepeasant

Post by Cyclepeasant »

Interesting the variations of side effects.
I had headache both times.
Very sore muscles for a week with fist jab.
Still have a constant metallic taste in the mouth, approximately 10% of things smell different too.
When outdoors ,I seem to smell a hamster cage smell quite regularly.
Second jab resulted in the headache and sore muscles but only for a couple of days. Has not altered the smell or taste problem.
I have reported the symptoms on NHS site.
Pins and needles could possibly be a poor circulation problem.
There have been blood thickening and clotting side effects recorded.

Best play safe and get it checked.
Insanity over vanity
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

I've now had both AZ jabs

Apart from a slight pain in the arm the only thing I had back in March was after 30 hours.
I had 36 hours of real tiredness, I was in work like a zombie back then and I maybe shouldn't have driven in either.

Then after my other one on Monday after 30 hours I had about 6 hours of slight tiredness.

As I was due a sicky, the sun was out and garden faffing needed doing with nothing pressing on my desk I took Wednesday off, but should have really taken it of after the first Jab instead but I didn't, plus it was raining that day in March too ;-)
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Had a magnesium taste as soon as the first was administered, then flu symptoms for a few hours , next day my brain stopped working , had 6 wires to fit to 6 ports on a plc 3hours later and even after copying another one still couldn’t get the order right so went home and slept , all grand from then on ,2nd dose just had a “dead arm” for about a week ,
What I can say is after having Covid back in jan my knees swelled and I had a form of arthritis in them , couldn’t walk and couldn’t kneel, after the first jab the knees got about 40% better after the second I can run on them again ,.still not 100% but a lot better , the only issue I’ve got is I had to go to docs yesterday to try and get the golf ball on my elbow drained , and they were quite insistent that it could be a reaction to the jab not the fact that I’d given it a right good whacking whilst under a truck ( no didn’t get it drained just some kill all antibiotics for 5 day and come back if it hasn’t worked) :roll:
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I know three people with both AZ jabs that have tested positive for Covid this week, they're not as sick as maybe they would be without the vaccine, I don't know what version of the virus they have.
redefined_cycles

Pirahna wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:50 am I know three people with both AZ jabs that have tested positive for Covid this week, they're not as sick as maybe they would be without the vaccine, I don't know what version of the virus they have.
We had this situation recently. Cant recall which jabs he'd had. Ended up with Covid. Eventually on ICU. To cut long story short, he didn't do well. But that's one of very very very few cases I've come across that have ended up on ICU.

Keep staying safe and taking care I suppose is the order of the day/week/year... Hopefully we won't be in the lead up to another wave but time shall tell :|
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Fully AZed here. No symptoms other than a tender injection site a few days after the first.

Mrs Routes had Pfizer and got ALL the side-effects after the first, nothing after the second.

Speaking to other AZ recipients it's been a complete non-issue.
redefined_cycles

ScotRoutes wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:16 pm Speaking to other AZ recipients it's been a complete non-issue.
Must be the irnBru