Seat Packs - What's Everyone Using These Days?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

rudedog

Re: Seat Packs - What's Everyone Using These Days?

Post by rudedog »

I just use the cheap alpkit tapered dry bag. It’s super light and only cost £11 :-bd
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

For something a little bit left field, I have a PDW Bindle Rack that I use with Revelate Terrapin dry bags. I planned to go for the Revelate Spinelock originally to replace my waggy Alpkit first gen seat pack but the Spinelock bags seem to sell out almost as soon as stock arrives. Bikemonger had the Bindle Rack in stock and combined with the dry bag it's actually lighter than the Spinelock bag. I've used it a bit now and so far, so good. It doesn't wag, it fits all my bikes, I can use it with most dry bags (or to carry my packraft) so it is versatile. It also works with a dropper post (albeit the drop is limited depending on the size of bag but even with the 14litre Terrapin bag I can drop the seat enough to help on techy descents. The reviews that I read before buying were very mixed so I'm not sure how it'll go in the long term, the weak point is the seat post clamp according to what I read but I've been careful with it and it's been fine so far.
slugwash

Post by slugwash »

I looked at doing the same and took the plunge on a Tailfin S3 rack, I just strap a drybag to it easy on and off and really solid
I've been doing the rack thing, and the plus side is that the dry bag is easy to access and refit and you can load the rack up with Hypermarche goodies on your return journey. However, a couple of my bikes don't have racks...

I just use the cheap alpkit tapered dry bag. It’s super light and only cost £11 :-bd
Me too, and it's easier to fit than the bloomin' Koala to boot!

What I need is something to fit to my rackless road bike, full-susser and Airnimal that is easy to access and refit (Typical luggae - picnic, swimming kit, change of clothes, etc).

The Wildcat harness looks good, but I'm a bit worried that 10L capacity is maybe not enough??
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

seatpost rack ?

the 10 l [drybag] is currently out of stock FWIW