Tour of the cotswolds

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Tour of the cotswolds

Post by Mike »

Just got back from a few hot days on this route... if anyone is stuck for ideas what to ride, go do it... bloody loved it. Well done that man who put it together now!! Thanks for some real delights.
Scud

Re: Tour of the cotswolds

Post by Scud »

jameso

Post by jameso »

Good to hear, thanks Mike. I've been looking at the route for a long weekender soon. 3 long-ish days, 29er? Any bits to avoid? It looks well researched.
UnderTheRadars

Post by UnderTheRadars »

Also interested in hearing more about your ride and this route
HUX

Post by HUX »

Yes that's the route Scud. Had a crack at it last week. What a brilliant route. Lots to see, lots of history, no shortage of supplies and loads of places to bivi. I didn't spot the taps marked on the route but had no problem asking at shops and pubs. Very friendly folk.And more wildlife then I think I've ever seen on a trip. Not a lot of traffic just a couple of busy roads to cross then back onto the back lanes. It's a hilly route so pack your climbing legs and be prepared for some long days, there's a few bits that needed a push. I would recommend a 29er with fast rolling tyres over gravel although it would be rideable on 700c.
I preferred the route over King Alfred's Way by a long way although the company was a bit poor..........solo :lol:
Do it now while it's dry and fast. I don't think you'll be disappointed