Knee/Leg warmers for normal thighs

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

techno

Knee/Leg warmers for normal thighs

Post by techno »

I bought some XL galibier knee warmers and they are only big enough for my calves.
Can anyone suggest some with leg grippers that will fit the chunky of thigh? (50cm ish)
Thanks.
Last edited by techno on Thu May 27, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wotsits

Re: Knee/Leg warmers for thunderthighs

Post by Wotsits »

I had some Lusso leg warmers that weren't for a 'southern European type build'.
They were good quality, although they did have an internal seam. Could be worth a look..
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
psling

Post by psling »

Their XL can't be very big, 50 cm thigh is not particularly large!

I have some Morvelo and some Pearl Izumi, both are fine on my 58cm thighs and in cycling terms I'm not over-endowed in muscular thigh terms, infact they need to be tucked in my bibshorts to stay up :cool:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
techno

Post by techno »

psling wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:07 pm Their XL can't be very big, 50 cm thigh is not particularly large!

I have some Morvelo and some Pearl Izumi, both are fine on my 58cm thighs and in cycling terms I'm not over-endowed in muscular thigh terms, infact they need to be tucked in my bibshorts to stay up :cool:
I've just realised that!

What size are those two?
techno

Post by techno »

Wotsits wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:04 pm I had some Lusso leg warmers that weren't for a 'southern European type build'.
They were good quality, although they did have an internal seam. Could be worth a look..
Thanks, will have a look.
In Reverse

Re: Knee/Leg warmers for normal thighs

Post by In Reverse »

Can we see a photo of your thighs please to judge for ourselves whether they're "normal" or not?
techno

Post by techno »

In Reverse wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:16 pm Can we see a photo of your thighs please to judge for ourselves whether they're "normal" or not?
:lol:
I'll DM them Andy. Don't want to terrify the general public.
psling

Post by psling »

What size are those two?
The Morvelo ones are labelled L/XL. They measure 40cm unstreched and stretch out to about 62cm. They are tight but not uncomfortably so.
The Pearl Izumi ones are looser but I don't have them to hand to measure. They're quite old too.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
psling

Post by psling »

techno wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:19 pm
In Reverse wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:16 pm Can we see a photo of your thighs please to judge for ourselves whether they're "normal" or not?
:lol:
I'll DM them Andy. Don't want to terrify the general public.
One of those situations you want no-one to see... when you put your knee warmers on before your bibshorts :o
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Endura always been OK for me. I'd try and help with sizing but I've never measured my thighs, nor ever felt the need to (why would you :???:).

Hey ho :cool:
substandard

Post by substandard »

Stolen goat ones get my vote

Available on a variety of sizes and they are water resistant, toasty warm for bikepacking/commuting,
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Gore seem to fit me OK, they're bigger than Endura which is the next biggest thing I've tried. The only other thing that is equal to Gore is my Nike stuff but they stopped making it in the 90's.
techno

Post by techno »

psling wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 2:29 pm
What size are those two?
The Morvelo ones are labelled L/XL. They measure 40cm unstreched and stretch out to about 62cm. They are tight but not uncomfortably so.
The Pearl Izumi ones are looser but I don't have them to hand to measure. They're quite old too.
Brilliant, thanks bud.
Going to LBS later, will see what they have and the measurement will give me an idea about the ones they have in stock.