Your favorite alpkit goodie?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ben98

Your favorite alpkit goodie?

Post by Ben98 »

OK, so most of us are big fans of alpkit and there gear, but what is your favorite thing that they make.
For me it has to be my gourdon, its brilliantly comfy, light, waterproof, well made and cheap. Its simplicity makes it unparalleled and it is now my go to bag for school, holidays, bivi trips, camping and most importantly bike packing!
It is even going to do the SLMM with me this year :-D

So what is your favorite alpgoodie and why?
johnnystorm

Re: Your favorite alpkit goodie?

Post by johnnystorm »

Probably my Gourdon, even after one of the straps got loose on my motorbike in France and stuck itself to the exhaust. :roll:

That or the tiny drybag used for wash gear.
restlessshawn

Post by restlessshawn »

I do love my gourdon but my ti mug is the favourite just becuase it's titanium I think!
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

13l airlock extra, takes both my vango 400 down bag and karrimor down jacket then fits nicely under the bar.
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

PD800. Lovely cosy bundle of joy.
gairym

Post by gairym »

I like my bright green (not a colour i would normally choose) 'play outside' organic cotton t-shirt - got it in one of their sales and now wish I'd bought a few of 'em!

other than that (and one of their hoodies I got in the same sale) it's got to be their dry bags.

I've got 8l, 10l, 13l and 20l offerings from them and use them all at different times for different trips.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Gourdon here too, it's a classic.

Also my PD400 has never let me down, I even survived Mach and back in Jan 2012 in it, with the added warmth of my Filo.

So I guess that's three things of theirs that I like, a lot.
jameso

Post by jameso »

My frame bag, one of their early / pre-production try-out versions that's looking fresh after around 2000 miles of use and stood up to ham-fistedness that's wrecked a few rucksacs.

MyTiMug - one for all, that and a popcan stove is all I use on short trips now.

Their drybags also seem to be totally trustworthy from my wet miles so far, more than can be said for some others I've used that seem to let water seep in at the roll-top.

I live in my Filo jacket and also have a shamefully scruffy Fillet that has been on a few too many trips now, it needs a steam clean! Both ~4yrs old. No holes yet that weren't caused by something daft that I've done.

I like Alpkit's stuff.
rudedog

Post by rudedog »

I bought a filo jacket last month which is great - very nice and warm and will be taken on my SUW bikepacking trip next week. The 13l airlok xtra bags are all I need for bikepacking - one on the bars and one on the seat - no need for expensive revelate/wildcat stuff. However, my most used bit of kit from Alpkit is the Gamma headtorch. I use it at work, at home, when camping, commuting on the bike - just a brilliant little bit of kit for not a lot of cash.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Mytimug.
Hoojum

Post by Hoojum »

Another vote for the MyTiMug. It's just perfect for my needs.
tommid

Post by tommid »

I have a whole lot of Alpkit gear and I love it all, but I have to say I love my Akdrenaline socks are my most used item. I have the old Right and Left specific ones and the newer versions. Superb comfy socks for riding in (and playing squash in).