Gloves for wet and windy weather

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

techno

Re: Gloves for wet and windy weather

Post by techno »

thenorthwind wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:00 am Came across these "overgloves" while I was shopping for some other gloves: https://www.biketart.com/clothing-c7/gl ... ove-p54276. Not seen anything quite like them before but have used gloves in that way before. Quite pricey and wonder if they'd done any better than the ones Phil linked (though much smaller and lighter probably). Layering seems just as sensible an approach for gloves as anything else - I'm always ending up under or over-gloved due to the wrong choice in the morning, unless I take other options (which I quite often do, can never have too many gloves really!).
I had some hirzl finger jackets which are a lobster claw version of these. I wanted to like them but the seam on the edge of the palm cutout made them so uncomfortable they were unusable.
I'll be trying some motorbike waterproof overgloves of some sort next I reckon.

Edit: these look to have a lighter seam in the hole. Might give them a try......
Mariner

Re: Gloves for wet and windy weather

Post by Mariner »

ChrisS wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:53 am
Mariner wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:12 am What ever you choose have a back up.
I lost my new Sealskinz gloves going up the Corrieyairack Pass and that is a long descent with fingerless mitts for a SSJ like me.
Ouch, I think I would have dug out some spare socks to use as mitts :lol:
Spare socks :o
Now who's a SSJ? :lol:

edit
I wasn't able to get out during the very cold weather as I was having sun damaged bits removed but I have some Uvex Unilite Thermo Plus gloves for gardening I was going to try on the bike. No idea where they came from and they have an impressive approvals list EN and CE on the back. Not sure if fully waterproof as they have a fabric panel on the back but the rest is grippy rubbery material and they are lined and warm.
Just an idea.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.