cycle/hiking shoe suggestions

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Re: cycle/hiking shoe suggestions

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Cheeky Monkey wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:51 am
HUX wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:54 pm Pearl Izumi......I've just ordered another pair of these. Pair I've got now are over 3years old and still goin strong. Most comfortable shoes I've ever had. Like trainers but with cleats and this version has a vibram sole. They are sized small though so go up a size.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/pr ... id/2247524
Cheers for the heads up, look vaguely similar to the Shimano ME7 I'm currently using and would be good to have another pair.

Hux - out of interest, what size are you in "regular" (and or Shimano) and what size did you order?
Cheers to Hux for the mention of these and notes on sizing.

Just arrived and I suspect would have been struggling in my usual size (42). The 43s are a good fit so, on personal experience so far (only a try on indoors), size up by 0.5 to 1 Euro fitting.

The Pearl Izumi are virtually half the price I paid for a set of Shimano ME7 so seems like a great bargain :-bd

The baby blue brings out the colour of my eyes too :lol:
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

They look good. Tempted to get some myself.

The description says
the X-Alp Summit shoe receives trickle-down technology from our flagship X-Elevate trail shoe
...I'm not sure trickle-down technology is something I want in a shoe, but inevitable I guess :grin:
Nick

Post by Nick »

I've done every WRT (7 I think), a failed attempt at a BB200, a winter bivvy, numerous non-summer rides and a few bivvy trips to the lakes in a pair of Shimano XM9 Boots, and I'll be doing the Jenn Ride in them this year. Don't find they clack when walking around town, occasionally when hiking, but just bloody marvellous.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

I bought a pair of the Izumi X-Alp Elevates sizing up, but I think they are a bit on the small side. :cry:

Will they stretch a touch, or will I just get blisters?