Wet Gear Query

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Re: Wet Gear Query

Post by BigdummySteve »

Retiredtester wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:25 pm
Hadn't heard of them before. Strong look!

Not everyone can carry it off…

We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Post by RIP »

Blimey Steve I know I haven't seen you since 'Mine Camp' (?) but you haven't half changed mate!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

In my mind, the thing to remember with Outdry is that it's a jacket for when things turn seriously sh1te. You know, those trips where it's lashing down continually and it'll be doing the same tomorrow and the day after. Some people do find they don't breath brilliantly (never had a problem myself but I'm not overly sweaty) but in the right conditions, that seems like a small price to pay if it can keep the entire contents of the sky out for 3 days solid :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:41 am In my mind, the thing to remember with Outdry is that it's a jacket for when things turn seriously sh1te. You know, those trips where it's lashing down continually and it'll be doing the same tomorrow and the day after. Some people do find they don't breath brilliantly (never had a problem myself but I'm not overly sweaty) but in the right conditions, that seems like a small price to pay if it can keep the entire contents of the sky out for 3 days solid :-bd
Agreed, it's more of a foul whether option IMO. I favour a lighter weight windproof that will shrug off some lesser levels of wetness before resorting to a full on hard shell. Gives me layering options as well. Means taking two coats in the shower but hey ho.

One jacket to rule them all would be lovely but I suspect it is a mythical beast.

As ever, HYOH :cool:
lune ranger

Post by lune ranger »

Sitting in my bivi after a ghastly day on Dartmoor. Rain, rain and more rain. My Paramo base layer is just about perfectly dry under my Paramo Velez Light smock :-bd
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC