Would I be wasting my time resticking the vibram sole on my shoe

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Chicken Legs

Would I be wasting my time resticking the vibram sole on my shoe

Post by Chicken Legs »

Riding in the Lakes at the weekend and after going over Black Sail Pass and Scarth Gap my Shimano MT54 shoe cried enough and the Vibram sole parted company with the upper.
It would appear that the two are only held together with adhesive originally, has anyone successfully restuck a shoe and if so with what adhesive or am I wasting my time ?
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
rudedog

Re: Would I be wasting my time resticking the vibram sole on my shoe

Post by rudedog »

Aye just stick it back together with some shoe goo
Rob S

Post by Rob S »

Same thing happened to me with some Scarpa approach shoes, I got some shoe adhesive off of amazon which did the job. I rubbed the surfaces with IPA (isopropanol alcohol) applied the adhesive liberally, then wrapped some insulation tape round it nice and tight. I gave it 48 hours before taking the tape off, twice what they recommended I think.

That was a few months ago, still stuck now. Can't think what the glue was called. But it was proper shoe glue.
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Rob S wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:07 pm Same thing happened to me with some Scarpa approach shoes, I got some shoe adhesive off of amazon which did the job. I rubbed the surfaces with IPA (India Pale Ale) applied the adhesive liberally, then wrapped some insulation tape round it nice and tight. I gave it 48 hours before taking the tape off, twice what they recommended I think.

That was a few months ago, still stuck now. Can't think what the glue was called. But it was proper shoe glue.

FTFY :wink:
May you always have tail wind.
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

think it cost a fiver for the local shop to do
Lakes one held
Diadora chilli did not- well it lasted a few weeks but that was pretty much fully detached