Cover your ears.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mariner

Cover your ears.

Post by Mariner »

The last ten years or so I have been covering up during the summer with the winter riding clothing but with less layers. Typically, a long-sleeved top (BB obvs), gloves, long shorts, tall ankle socks all to keep the sun off. I also go to the Mole Clinic every year except last year there wasn’t one.
Last year I spent a long time out on the bike just bimbling as I explored the surrounding countryside during lockdown and for the first time for a long time really enjoying being out riding so did more. Lots of sun always a cooling breeze what could go wrong?
Today I had an SCC removed from my ear plus another suspicious bit removed from my forehead for biopsy. Very impressed with NHS though. Ten-minute examination from soles of my feet to top of my head for sun affected areas by a lady doctor :oops: , five minute wait then they were hacking bits off me.
My ear is a ‘cut and shut’ job with a wedge taken out then the two bits stitched together. Forehead - they just dug a hole.
Just ordered SunSense PF50 sun screen and lip salve and looking for a bike helmet with ear flaps. :shock: Perhaps I could wear my motorcycle crash hat?
Any way just a reminder to cover up in the sun. You may not notice the effect it is having but it is.
Stay safe.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
lune ranger

Re: Cover your ears.

Post by lune ranger »

That’s the problem with all that lovely Devon sunshine. Hope you heal quickly :-bd
If you are going through hell, keep going.
WSC
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Neutrogena do a factor 100 cream, It's usually available on Amazon.
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Mariner wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:26 pm My ear is a ‘cut and shut’ job with a wedge taken out then the two bits stitched together.
Ooh ‘eck! I hope you’ve got enough ear left to hang your face mask on

Seriously though, heal soon...
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
belugabob

Post by belugabob »

Mariner wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:26 pm ... and looking for a bike helmet with ear flaps.
Can you buy a PPE version of a deerstalker?
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Invoke the spirit of H-Ball?