Yet another light 1p shelter thread

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Re: Yet another light 1p shelter thread

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

This is approaching an amount of faff that's beyond what I want. I mean, a tarp + bivvy + bug net? Isn't it better to just get a tent? Or a tarp + bivvy with integrated bug net.
Indeed. Only mentioned as an option *if it might work for you* :wink:

Secondhand Trailstars come up now and then plus there's a Chinese rip-off that costs a lot less. Not commenting on the ethics etc of that :cool:
nagasaki45

Post by nagasaki45 »

lune ranger wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:24 pm I’m not so sure you ‘need’ a bivi with things like the Lux or DD.
Good point. I'm gravitating towards the Minipeak II or the Lanshan 1 ATM. Both come with an inner, so will have the option to decide later on a trip-by-trip basis. Although the DD is lighter than the Luxe, I'm worried that the standard pyramid model won't be long enough. Also I've seen many complains about the quality of the DD pyramids. I guess it has to do with the lighter material (at the same cost).
BordersSteve wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:57 am New Lanshan 1 Plus might be worth a look.
Didn't know that, so thanks! The larger 2021 Lanshan 1 (or the "plus" as it's called by some sellers) is my preferred minimalist option now between the Lanshans and the Lunar Solo.
Verena wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:19 pm All this talk of tents just makes me want to get out there for the night...
ScotRoutes wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:46 pm Tomorrow.... might just take bivvy and tarp though!
Haha! Me too :-)
Have plans already for next weekend, and 3-4 days on the May bank holiday. Funny enough, both are with friends, so going to take the 3 person tent anyway.
nagasaki45

Post by nagasaki45 »

Hi all!

Got a Minipeak II 2nd hand from eBay for £128. Advertised as "superb condition" + a pole. Went for this instead of a Lanshan thinking that this is something I can trust in any weather. Might get a grounsheet at some point for overnighters when the weather is good.

Thanks a lot for all the recommendations, they help tremendously!

Cheers,
Tom