The return of a classic - pop up T shirt shop.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

The return of a classic - pop up T shirt shop.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

By popular demand, you can now prepare your post lock-down wardrobe and adorn yourself with a BB classic.

• Shirts are charcoal grey with light grey print. Heavy duty cotton - not bad shirts at all.
• Sizing is pretty much standard T shirt fare - no need to go up or down.
• You should receive your shirt in 2-3 days directly from the manufacturer.
• Just £11.99 plus a couple of quid postage.

https://www.streetshirts.co.uk/sell-t-s ... W7j6bcguQl]

May the bridges you burn light your way
RIP

Re: The return of a classic - pop up T shirt shop.

Post by RIP »

Fantastic. But...Arg. I've ticked all those off except for the puddle quaffing. So in order to qualify I need to go and drink a puddle! I've managed rivers, streams, strange taps, ponds, 'small ponds', but not an official 'puddle' yet. At least I don't think so. Maybe I have without realising it.

I'd better check and spare myself a special outing. Stu, what are the upper and lower boundary dimensions of a 'puddle' please? Also presumably there can be no flow? Does it have to be entirely static?

Ta. I don't want to sport this lovely garment under false pretences.
Last edited by RIP on Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

:-bd purchased
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

RIP wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:03 am Fantastic. But...Arg. In order to qualify I need to go and drink a puddle! I've managed rivers, streams, strange taps, ponds, 'small ponds', but not an official 'puddle' yet. At least I don't think so. Maybe I have without realising it.

I'd better check and spare myself a special outing. Stu, what are the upper and lower boundary dimensions of a 'puddle' please? Also presumably there can be no flow? Does it have to be entirely static?

Ta. I don't want to sport this lovely garment under false pretences.
Mine were completely static when I was on big bear the other year , wouldn’t have minded but about 1/2 hr prior I’d passed a fast flowing stream but didn’t realise how low I was on water :roll:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Does it have to be entirely static?
I figure it can have both flow in and flow out but you should really take your water from the main body in order to qualify.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Thanks. I shall have to judge the dimensions on the spot then. I guess it's quite a fluid (ha ha) criteria.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

RIP

Post by RIP »

I've squared it with myself. I've bought one. When it arrives I'll put it on and immediately nip out for a Puddle Pootle just to make sure.

i'm still a bit concerned about the puddle though. It would seem that it has to be static (otherwise it might be a 'pool'?): "A puddle is a small accumulation of liquid, usually water, on a surface.[1] It can form either by pooling in a depression on the surface, or by surface tension upon a flat surface. A puddle is generally shallow enough to walk through, and too small to traverse with a boat or raft. Small wildlife may be attracted to puddles". Hmm.
Last edited by RIP on Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benp1

Post by benp1 »

Thanks so much Stu. Perfect, I’d been on about this in the past, sorry about that and thanks for getting a new one out. Ordered
Charliecres

Post by Charliecres »

Bought, thanks Stu :-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

RIP wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:34 am I've squared it with myself. I've bought one. When it arrives I'll put it on and immediately nip out for a Puddle Pootle just to make sure.

i'm still a bit concerned about the puddle though. It would seem that it has to be static (otherwise it might be a 'pool'?): "A puddle is a small accumulation of liquid, usually water, on a surface.[1] It can form either by pooling in a depression on the surface, or by surface tension upon a flat surface. A puddle is generally shallow enough to walk through, and too small to traverse with a boat or raft. Small wildlife may be attracted to puddles". Hmm.
After initial excitement about this offer, I had similar pangs of conscience to you Reg about the puddle issue (well, to be honest it was your post that got me worried about this in the first place). So I immediately went out to find a suitable collection of water, so I was then able to order my T-shirt :lol:

Image2021-03-07_04-58-49 by Verena Zimmer, on Flickr

Fortunately there weren't any onlookers there, other than my camerawoman, who incidentally thought I was completely bonkers....

NB pleased to report that the straw seems to have worked well, no upset guts or anything, which is pleasing.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

It's good to see that everyone is taking their responsibilities seriously and upholding standards :-bd
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:32 am It's good to see that everyone is taking their responsibilities seriously and upholding standards :-bd
Quite. I mean, where would we be if folk started wearing t-shirts with slogans on that don't accurately reflect reality???

(cue Google search for people wearing tshirts saying things like sex good/ hot chick/ etc. etc. Alas, I have work to do, now that I've failed to get out of that one by failing to give myself dissentry from drinking puddles water :roll: )
RIP

Post by RIP »

That's a great photo Verena - I'm sure it'll come back to haunt you at some point :smile: .

Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Verena wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:35 am
RIP wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:34 am I've squared it with myself. I've bought one. When it arrives I'll put it on and immediately nip out for a Puddle Pootle just to make sure.

After initial excitement about this offer, I had similar pangs of conscience to you Reg about the puddle issue (well, to be honest it was your post that got me worried about this in the first place). So I immediately went out to find a suitable collection of water, so I was then able to order my T-shirt :lol:

Image2021-03-07_04-58-49 by Verena Zimmer, on Flickr

Fortunately there weren't any onlookers there, other than my camerawoman, who incidentally thought I was completely bonkers....

NB pleased to report that the straw seems to have worked well, no upset guts or anything, which is pleasing.
That just says Weil's disease to me!

Hey Stu - I know that most people in here are male, but I can't see an option for the TShirt in a women's cut. Perhaps less people in here would be male if things were a teensy bit more inclusive. :wink: It's drop shipping after all isn't it? You don't actually have to get the stock made.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Perhaps less people in here would be male if things were a teensy bit more inclusive.
Perhaps. I've often thought the same about horse riding and netball. Trouble is, I have to pick one style and that will always be the one with the greatest appeal. These are 'unisex' so I figured I was doing my 'inclusive bit' :wink: As an aside, what would make the place more inclusive?* We're open to all regardless of sex, colour, race or creed and are simply a reflection of bikepacking as a whole. I don't see much 'willy waving' going on here to be fair and I wonder whether it's simply the nature of the beast and that nature simply doesn't appeal to everyone?

I suppose I could do a female fit that runs alongside but I can see that causing much confusion for the hard of thinking. I would also say that whenever I've done female specific items previously, take up has been very low.

*genuinely interested.
Verena

Post by Verena »

I know it's me, I am tall and have a long torso, but I find that women's t-shirts are often far too short, and too narrow on the shoulders.
Verena

Post by Verena »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:52 am
Perhaps less people in here would be male if things were a teensy bit more inclusive.
Perhaps. I've often thought the same about horse riding and netball. Trouble is, I have to pick one style and that will always be the one with the greatest appeal. These are 'unisex' so I figured I was doing my 'inclusive bit' :wink: As an aside, what would make the place more inclusive?* We're open to all regardless of sex, colour, race or creed and are simply a reflection of bikepacking as a whole. I don't see much 'willy waving' going on here to be fair and I wonder whether it's simply the nature of the beast and that nature simply doesn't appeal to everyone?

I suppose I could do a female fit that runs alongside but I can see that causing much confusion for the hard of thinking. I would also say that whenever I've done female specific items previously, take up has been very low.

*genuinely interested.
Feeling suitably inclusive to me here, ta - have been made to feel very welcome :-bd

"nature of the beast" I think, have found that all my life with most of the hobbies I've been into over the years (caving, judo, triathlon), lower female ratio, I don't find it is something that bothers me at all.
HUX

Post by HUX »

I think I may have asked for this more than once....soz :roll: ordered :grin:
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

Me? I’d go for a more-defined Zombie-bear one like last years WRT if it were available. Dead Kool that’d be..
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:05 am By popular demand, you can now prepare your post lock-down wardrobe and adorn yourself with a BB classic.

• Shirts are charcoal grey with light grey print. Heavy duty cotton - not bad shirts at all.
• Sizing is pretty much standard T shirt fare - no need to go up or down.
• You should receive your shirt in 2-3 days directly from the manufacturer.
• Just £11.99 plus a couple of quid postage.

https://www.streetshirts.co.uk/sell-t-s ... W7j6bcguQl]

I succome to the i and urge, given in & placed an order, utch scratched. :grin:
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Just a reminder that you've 2 days to order one should you so wish.
RIP

Post by RIP »

"49 sold". We're still a niche then thank goodness.