Family Size Inflatable Tent Recommendations.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Family Size Inflatable Tent Recommendations.

Post by Ray Young »

I'm looking to replace my family size tent as it's now well past its best. My requirements are-

Inflatable, sewn in groundsheet, sleep 4, bedrooms at the back, decent size living area, blackout lining if possible.

I've been looking at this but read that water can get in through the roof vents. I can also spend more money now so £500-£750 range.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/inflatabl ... R-p-302837

Thanks.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Family Size Inflatable Tent Recommendations.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

We've got a Decathlon one Ray. It's only the single bedroom + living space version but same range I assume. So far so good. seems very well put together and thought out, although they do take quite a bit of blowing up with the supplied pump.
May the bridges you burn light your way
RobLyon

Post by RobLyon »

I personally don't see the appeal of an air tent but i've never used one.

I bought this (for 150 sept '20) but haven't used it yet. Our van isn't usable for sleeping in since my son arrived 9 months ago so rather than a drive away awning i bought the tent.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/camping-t ... R-p-177332

And the Quechua branded version of this. I bought it for £120 a few years ago and can recommend it.
https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/trekking- ... R-p-323505

In short, I like their tents. My brother is a Khyam fan so could be worth looking at their range
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

RobLyon wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 pm I personally don't see the appeal of an air tent but i've never used one.
Putting up a large poled tent by yourself is a pita. Unfortunately due to health conditions my wife can't always help so I'm thinking this would be much easier.
RobLyon

Post by RobLyon »

That makes sense. I always thought they'd be hard to pack away having to squeeze the air out but as i say i've no experience with them.

Best of luck, let us know what you decide on :cool:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

That makes sense. I always thought they'd be hard to pack away having to squeeze the air out but as i say I've no experience with them.
There's big Boston style valves on the tubes, so no problem packing them. One really good thing about the air beams is the smug satisfaction in watching other peoples tents get blown down. It pretty much can't happen to these, they just move a bit and then return.
May the bridges you burn light your way
The Cumbrian

Post by The Cumbrian »

I've got one of the Berghaus ones and it's been great. Easy to put up and take down and as mentioned above, great in strong winds. The only thing you have to worry about is that it's properly pegged down so it doesn't blow away.
“I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains..."
Bilbo Baggins.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Decathlon one here - used it a lot in the past 2 years. Has stood up to some big wind while other tents were flattened around it.
The new ones with the dark lining are great if you want to sleep in late and miss the nice part of the day ;)
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

GregMay wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 pm The new ones with the dark lining are great if you want to sleep in late and miss the nice part of the day ;)
It's my wife who likes to sleep in. Me, I'm up and away on a bike ride while she sleeps in then wake her up with coffee on my return.