Come on Wales !!!

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Come on Wales !!!

Post by TheBrownDog »

Yes, I'm English. But Wales deserve this. Go you good thing !!!!
I'm just going outside ...
BigdummySteve

Re: Come on Wales !!!

Post by BigdummySteve »

We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Worst refereeing performance of all time, quelle suprise!
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

\o/
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

pistonbroke wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:28 pm Worst refereeing performance of all time, quelle suprise!
Agreed, but Wales were the better side, even with the extra man :lol:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

Enjoyed that, ref was poor but England gave away too many penalties. Well done to the Welsh. Triple Crown who’d a thought that after the Autumn internationals.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

Wales have certainly ridden their luck so far, but our household is loving it!

I thought the post-match interviewers were pretty bad, asking so many questions about the referee. An obvious point of discussion, but in a sport that is pretty much the pinnacle of respecting the officials, asking the players to badmouth them was utterly off.
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

Landslide wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:22 pm Wales have certainly ridden their luck so far, but our household is loving it!

I thought the post-match interviewers were pretty bad, asking so many questions about the referee. An obvious point of discussion, but in a sport that is pretty much the pinnacle of respecting the officials, asking the players to badmouth them was utterly off.
Aye she was terrible, almost as if she was baiting them, apparently she got ripped to bits on Twitter and had a bit of a meltdown.
sillybigfella

Post by sillybigfella »

If she didn’t ask the difficult questions, she wouldn’t being doing her job, so no, she wasn’t terrible in my opinion. Farrell was almost petulant in his responses considering players get media training.

And to describe her ‘having a bit of a meltdown’ is quite derogatory considering the amount of awful abuse she’s received on Twitter. It’s not her fault the way the ref managed the game, but she is being made out to be the scapegoat.
I’ve been abart a bit
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

sillybigfella wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:17 pm If she didn’t ask the difficult questions, she wouldn’t being doing her job, so no, she wasn’t terrible in my opinion. Farrell was almost petulant in his responses considering players get media training.

And to describe her ‘having a bit of a meltdown’ is quite derogatory considering the amount of awful abuse she’s received on Twitter. It’s not her fault the way the ref managed the game, but she is being made out to be the scapegoat.
I disagree with you, I don’t think she’s a scapegoat for the game, just picked up for her questions which were poor to both teams, lacking respect of the Welsh effort, though I agree that Farrell came across as petulant but thats his default when things go against him. Surprised he didn’t lose it to be honest.
‘A bit of a meltdown’ my bad, not on twitter anymore, but was third hand reporting, didn’t know the extent and vitriol of the attacks on her.
sillybigfella

Post by sillybigfella »

I’m not on Twitter anymore either as it can be an unholy arsepit at times and (all too frequently) brings out the misogynists and trolls. I do accept that It’s a fine line between asking the difficult questions and badgering someone to get a reaction. I often question the value of post match questions and wonder if they are for this very reason and to give the pundits in the studio something to talk about.
I’ve been abart a bit
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

Spot on, should just do MOM, coaches and move on. Depending on the Pundits I normally just mute the pundit section before the game, at half-time and the end. But couldn’t resist this one. :wink: Inverdale used to really annoy me so I started muting then and found it improved the match watching experience :-bd
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I did congratulate a couple of welsh friends by saying that they’ve managed to use the extra man they’ve had in most games well. I got a mixed set of reactions back :grin: