New lifestyle opportunity for someone?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

New lifestyle opportunity for someone?

Post by Borderer »

I saw this today and thought I would post to it here. It has nothing to do with me - I just saw the ad. It's for a bike hire and workshop facility that seems to come with the premises and bikes for £80k. It's on the beautiful island of Cumbrae in the Firth of Clyde. It's a popular trip in the summer to take the ferry across and rent a bike to go right round the island. I have done it myself many years ago.

https://media.scottishhomereports.com/M ... 484250.pdf
Escape Goat

Re: New lifestyle opportunity for someone?

Post by Escape Goat »

Now that would be interesting!
quimarche

Post by quimarche »

There used to be the National Watersports Centre on Great Cumbrae. It was truly world class, staffed by excellent outdoor types.

Sportscotland made the utterly bonkers decision to close the centre last summer. I don't have words to describe the numpties responsible.

You'd often see tourists who'd come over on the Largs ferry, riding around the shoreline. I do hope someone takes it on; the community needs all the help & new blood it can get.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

quimarche wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:29 pm There used to be the National Watersports Centre on Great Cumbrae. It was truly world class, staffed by excellent outdoor types.

Sportscotland made the utterly bonkers decision to close the centre last summer. I don't have words to describe the numpties responsible.
NO WAY!!!

I spent many days there as a youth on the Scottish Sailing Squad, which was a fantastic setup enabling kids with the commitment (and a bit of talent) to access excellent equipment and coaching. Certainly provided opportunities to me that would otherwise not have been possible. How desperately sad! Has it re-located or just been killed off by the Tartan Nazis as a bourgeois activity?
quimarche

Post by quimarche »

They say: “The future provision of some of the educational courses for children currently offered by Cumbrae National Watersports Centre will now be run from Inverclyde National Sports Training Centre. Other training provision will be provided by the Royal Yachting Association Scotland."

But Inverclyde doesn't do the watersports side of things.

The west coast of Scotland has some of the very best sailing in the world.

So short sighted.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:09 pm Tartan Nazis
Hm. :roll: :sad:
SeannyD

Post by SeannyD »

“Tartan Nazis”

Really? :roll:
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

Tartan Nazis as a bourgeois activity?
this says way more about your political affiliations/outlook than theirs