Molle Mike pouches

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

Molle Mike pouches

Post by jameso »

Not some kind of stripper pants, no. Sorry.

Looking for a small cylinder / tube-like pouch bag that opens at the end to hold a USB-Werk charger and wires on/under the bars. Not finding much so maybe some better ideas to be had on here.
Would need to be about 14x 6cm min. It's a compact dynamo to USB device but I'm not convinced the wires leading to the connections are the most durable so putting it on the bars so there's no movement between charged item and the USB-Werk makes sense.
Here's one under the top tube of someone's bike -

Had it hanging from the stem in front of the HT in a small tool pouch with a velcro one-strip, would be neater to have a mini cylinder bag of some sort attaching to the bar either side of the stem.

So far I've looked at too many 'molle' items on ebay, got a bit EDC/SWAT'ed out. Tactical man-bags galore and even a 'tactical headphone pouch'?

"Go Mikes"

Anyway... any ideas for what to get/modify?

(quite like the Restrap tech bag, but it's bigger than I need and I tend to find bags in that stem cell position a bit annoying)
FLV

Re: Molle Mike pouches

Post by FLV »

How modified are you willing to go?

Wolf tooth roll top bags have a rubberised strap. Ive never used the base thing the show with mine.
Maybe could unpick a bit to let the wires out of tne closed end?

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/col ... ll-top-bag

Its oval, about 100mm x 75mm on the specs. Mine is the mini, which sounds a better oval size at 75mm x 60mm but may not be long enough.

Any good.?
FLV

Post by FLV »

https://www.beerbabe.co.uk/ourshop/prod ... -from.html

Saddle pouch?

Or am i on the wrong track :grin:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ges-Pack-Micro ... 24&sr=8-60

? Failing that there’s loads of mini frame bags which would fit a werk and a battery.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
jameso

Post by jameso »

Thanks for ideas.. there's probably going to be something among the small gadget packs out there, just tricky to find a flap vs a zip cover and straps either in the right place or space to sew on some velcro.
The Wolftooth is a good one, just that roll-tops don't work too well with trailing wires coming out. But some kind of enduro tools-to-frame fixing widget is a good lead. As is the inner tube bag - a DIY innertube wrap and enduro strap maybe.
Scud

Post by Scud »

Any of the 76 Projects stuff any good?

https://www.76projects.com/

They do a really good ASS system, stick on mount for top tube, so top-tube bag can slide on and off easily without any straps?
jameso

Post by jameso »

Scud wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:09 pm Any of the 76 Projects stuff any good?
Not quite but the bottle-mount locating plastic deck and strap has given me an idea about how it could all locate from the stem faceplate bolts, maybe.

I saw some trendy/$$$ micro bar cylinder bag on IG earlier but forget the name now. Hopefully some daft trend for spare tube sized bar bags will start up..
Scud

Post by Scud »

Could almost do with attaching some straps to a zipped pencil case?
techno

Post by techno »

jameso wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:24 pm
Scud wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:09 pm Any of the 76 Projects stuff any good?
Not quite but the bottle-mount locating plastic deck and strap has given me an idea about how it could all locate from the stem faceplate bolts, maybe.

I saw some trendy/$$$ micro bar cylinder bag on IG earlier but forget the name now. Hopefully some daft trend for spare tube sized bar bags will start up..
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLE7JbThQ8A ... 13zul6ilcs
Supernova

Post by Supernova »

You need something like this that I made last week:

It’s got a wire access port at the top - get your sewing machine out!
jameso

Post by jameso »

Supernova wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:18 am You need something like this that I made last week:

It’s got a wire access port at the top - get your sewing machine out!
God work.. Something like that, but a bar mount. Got a small front section fame bag on there and wanted to have all the charge/wiring on the stem/bars rather than moving with the steering which eventually will damage the wires somehow. Can't really be avoided with the rear light wire though I'm happy that the routing there is good and it's not moved about in the way the charger cables are.