I got you some padlock grips (smily face goes here... might be a pain getting em to fit.. but they're happy blu

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

redefined_cycles

I got you some padlock grips (smily face goes here... might be a pain getting em to fit.. but they're happy blu

Post by redefined_cycles »

[Edit] if you want a pair gratis :smile:

https://www.wtb.com/products/clydesdale

There's also a review on Pinkbike which I will be following to cut down my bars wirhout extra investment :smile: :o
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: Anyone feeling particularly miserable and self-sorry: I got you some padlock grips

Obviously anyone who's not feeling sad or self-sorry can also apply...

Anyone that might become more miserable if they knacker their handlebars doing a bodge, need not apply :grin:
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Anyone feeling particularly miserable and self-sorry: I got you some padlock grips

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Sorry Shaf, I can't be arsed reading all that ... it looks like a pair of grips, thin grips I'll grant you but aside from that why should I be getting excited? :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:04 pm Sorry Shaf, I can't be arsed reading all that ... it looks like a pair of grips, thin grips I'll grant you but aside from that why should I be getting excited? :wink:
Absolutely no reason whatsoever :grin: .

At £67 for the DIY version, plus the time to fit and the eternally disappointing reminder you got it slightly wrong every time you ride your bike one has to admire the marketing genie-arse that came up with...

"...this is a relatively simple fix to a high-stakes problem - a loss of control from the cockpit of your bike." :shock:

Well done WTB. :wink:
Clearly: a product conceived in The Pub :lol:.
May you always have tail wind.
redefined_cycles

:lol:

Well... i tried
redefined_cycles

Bearbonesnorm wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:04 pm Sorry Shaf, I can't be arsed reading all that ... it looks like a pair of grips, thin grips I'll grant you but aside from that why should I be getting excited? :wink:
Yes. Very good point that. They are the blue version and for bigger hands. I thought they looked quite niceand so got 2 sets. Gonna try bodging em onto my Ragley Whatever bars without spending anything extra.

The couple of hours spent trying to get em to fit and cutting (bodging) down the bars, might be a couple of happy hours (not thinking about the rest of everything)... :smile: :???:
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:07 pm The couple of hours spent trying to get em to fit and cutting (bodging) down the bars, might be a couple of happy hours (not thinking about the rest of everything)... :smile: :???:
Alternatively: you may find it more fulfilling to embrace the (mild) disappointment of investing in a pair of grips for a tenner; then cheer yourself up by investing the other £57 in cake or chips :grin: .
redefined_cycles

MuddyPete wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:19 pm
redefined_cycles wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:07 pm The couple of hours spent trying to get em to fit and cutting (bodging) down the bars, might be a couple of happy hours (not thinking about the rest of everything)... :smile: :???:
Alternatively: you may find it more fulfilling to embrace the (mild) disappointment of investing in a pair of grips for a tenner; then cheer yourself up by investing the other £57 in cake or chips :grin: .
Lol. Fair point. I'm gonna fit mine without the extra investment.. you watch :-bd
MuddyPete

Re: I got you some padlock grips (smily face goes here... might be a pain getting em to fit.. but they're happy blu

Post by MuddyPete »

:shock: :YMPRAY: X_X :-SS
Asposium

Re: I got you some padlock grips (smily face goes here... might be a pain getting em to fit.. but they're happy blu

Post by Asposium »

If you desire hand / wrist suppose how about these?

Best “investment” I made for long distance, flat bar riding.

https://www.ergonbike.com/en/product-de ... =gptouring

Surprised WTB didn’t call it the grip system.
Design gone made.
“Get these grips, you’ll have to replace your bars, or introduce your existing bars to Mr Hacksaw”
Genius
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Those grips are more distressing than England’s first half at the cabbage patch this afternoon :shock:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
redefined_cycles

Sorry. I think my initial post I forgot to mention. Its a gift if anyone would wish to try. I got myself 2 pairs. One for myself :-bd and one for anyone that wishes to try em out :grin:

Sorry on the confusion front :-bd
jameso

Post by jameso »

I have some of those grips, they're great for widening a bar - I just use them without the bar cut so the grip overhangs the bar by 30mm or so. The soft end area's really good.