Has anyone ever visited the famous Panderia in Tolhuin, Patagonia.?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mr conners

Has anyone ever visited the famous Panderia in Tolhuin, Patagonia.?

Post by Mr conners »

Well if you have, and stayed in the back room of the Bakery your lucky as nobody else will for a while. This place really has the title of "legendary" when its often overused. Tragic really.

https://ushuaia24.com.ar/contenido/1003 ... ron-totale
Chicken Legs

Re: Has anyone ever visited the famous Panderia in Tolhuin, Patagonia.?

Post by Chicken Legs »

I didn't stay there but the cakes were very nice :wink:

Latest batch of cakes are possibly a tad over cooked :roll:
"What is man but the sum of his memories"
mikehowarth

Post by mikehowarth »

Wow, thanks for sharing thats incredibly sad to see.

Panderia Union is a really special place, especially for anyone that has stayed there, the owner and staff are so welcoming and hospitable especially considering the number of people that pass through every week during peak cycling season.

I rode there on my first day cycling out of Usuhaia heading north, I arrived with a bunch of other local cyclists one Sunday and was invited to share a communal meal with the owner, staff and locals.

I have to admit to being at a slightly low ebb at the start of my trip, arriving there, being greeted by the staff, wheeling my bike through the bakery and reading the book in the back room of the bakery with notes and messages from so many other waifs and strays was a really affirming part of my trip.
Mr conners

Post by Mr conners »

Very sad indeed. We stayed there for two days on the final leg of our Alaska-Ushuaia trip. It was a warm safe haven from the screaming wind and will be sadly missed by the touring fraternity.