'Made to lose' :???:

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Cheeky Monkey

Re: 'Made to lose' :???:

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Always sub standard at wheelies. Once upon a time nearly managed to manual (a more useful skill IMO). Can't do bugger all now :oops:
woodsmith

Post by woodsmith »

I was interested to see that the discussion threads on both the Radavist and Bikepacking.com chose to focus on the technical aspect of apparentley yet another boost wheel standard while we chose to ridicule the pretentious marketing :lol:

Not sure what this says about us ( or them).
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Leaving aside the marketing video, I was quite interested in the bike so naturally tried to see if there was anyone in the UK selling them. Short answer: no. I think I found somewhere which said perhaps April.

So what's the point in doing a massive press launch like this if no-one (in the UK at least) can buy your product? I know Covid and Brexit have combined to almost kill off the new bike market in the UK at the moment, but I'd have expected some availability maybe within a few weeks of the press launch. Seems a huge waste of energy otherwise and frustrating to people who don't just want to watch/laugh at gooey launch videos.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

ChrisS wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 pm So what's the point in doing a massive press launch like this if no-one (in the UK at least) can buy your product?
I've often thought that doing the press launch too early reduces sales. You see a video and think, I'd like one of them, have a look around and the bike's not available for months. But now you really want a bike like that, so look around for something similar (which there always is) and buy that as you don't have to wait. So now they have one less potential customer.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

sean_iow wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:03 pm
ChrisS wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:51 pm So what's the point in doing a massive press launch like this if no-one (in the UK at least) can buy your product?
I've often thought that doing the press launch too early reduces sales. You see a video and think, I'd like one of them, have a look around and the bike's not available for months. But now you really want a bike like that, so look around for something similar (which there always is) and buy that as you don't have to wait. So now they have one less potential customer.
Exactly... Though I'm easily annoyed right now because I stupidly picked January 2021 as the month to buy, or at least order, a new bike. Fat chance!