WESM comp voting (now closed)

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

I think the Winter Event Substantial Meal competition should go to?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:54 pm

Ralph & the Dairy Milk Buttons
14%
TheBrownDog & his chorizo, beans, mushrooms, peppers, etc
24%
Verena & the posh black pepper, cheese cake et al
38%
JonClimber & his steak, mushrooms and a couple of eggs
14%
Whitestone and the posh pâtes au saumon (salmon pasta)
10%
Magichat and the Tadka (tarkha) Dal on the JetBoil
No votes

Total votes: 21
redefined_cycles

WESM comp voting (now closed)

Post by redefined_cycles »

Here we go. Feel free to vote for the winner please. Info on the actual pics/meals/reports can be found here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18856

Just to clarify, I've included Ralph for the voting as he was at a high grid ref and choc buttons does seem a real substantial meal for him. Also, the reason why I allowed the garden cooking was cos we're in lockdown and it seemed sensible to allow people to cook in their own private residences and allow voters to use their imaginations...

So here are the nominees...
Last edited by redefined_cycles on Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: WESM comp voting

Sorry if I've missed anyone that I never realised of...
RIP

Post by RIP »

poor JC seems to have a split vote there :wink:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
redefined_cycles

RIP wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:56 pm poor JC seems to have a split vote there :wink:
Fixed. Thanks for spotting Reg
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

three courses, actually at altitude there should only be one winner

As for JC and his bloody chair there is such an absence of TYPE 2 that is shoudl not even be on the list GRUMPY emoticon goes here
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Voted for the one that I would prepare :wink:
Verena

Post by Verena »

Lazarus wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:45 pm three courses, actually at altitude there should only be one winner

As for JC and his bloody chair there is such an absence of TYPE 2 that is shoudl not even be on the list GRUMPY emoticon goes here
Ha ha, thanks - you do realize though that all I did was open some packets and set fire to them, right :wink: ?

Not sure that counts as cooking..... wait.... that's what a lot of pubs do as well isn't it???
redefined_cycles

Not sure why I set the end date to finish on 16th!. Twas supposed to be 3 days....

So, voting ends today (Thursday 14th) at 1500. Looks like Verena is winning with BrownDog a close 2nd
redefined_cycles

Verena wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:29 pm
Lazarus wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:45 pm three courses, actually at altitude there should only be one winner

Ha ha, thanks - you do realize though that all I did was open some packets and set fire to them, right :wink: ?

Not sure that counts as cooking..... wait.... that's what a lot of pubs do as well isn't it???
Well done Verena for winning this. Please would you PM me your details and any preferances (like 'kids tastebud friendly') and I'll get it ordered and sent out... :-bd
Verena

Re: WESM comp voting (now closed)

Post by Verena »

Thank you guys, genuinely chuffed with this :-bd
redefined_cycles

Re: WESM comp voting (now closed)

Verena wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:21 pm Thank you guys, genuinely chuffed with this :-bd
Honey ordered and should be with you shortly. Never bought from here before (as I always saw it as a bit expensive), The Latin Honey shop by Babar Ahmed (the guy extradited by the UK govt to the US so they could torture him for 12 years just in case he was a muzlamic terrorist)...

Anyway, reason for the post was that I just (might have) realised why it attracts such a high price... The quote seemed very appropriate to our bear loving 'threaders'..
Whilst I was in the States I lived with Mexicans, Colombians and El Salvadoreans. They taught me Spanish and we became friends.

They told me about honey from their native villages which was so good that bears would fight over it
https://latinhoneyshop.com/pages/about-us

Anyway.. might tempt me to grab some myself. Looks like the cold cooking was worth it afterall :grin: Enjoy