Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

PaulB2

Re: Favourite kit from 2020

Post by PaulB2 »

chrisjones wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:44 am
Hamish wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:16 am
chrisjones wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:35 pm My Stooge Scrambler

IMG_0381.jpg
What's it like? Are they making any more?
It's fantastic. Like a big BMX I guess, but it settles into bikepacking duties really well too. Stooge have previously only done one production run of each frame. All the Scrambler frames have now sold, but I reckon there will be a few come up for sale when the next frame becomes available end of Feb, begining of March,the Dirt Bomb; which is a modern klunker. I know Andy has a new 'bike' in development, but I have a feeling it may be something a bit different- perhaps a steel gravel bike? No real evidence to support that- just a feeling.
I'm sure there will be a Mk 5 version of the classic Stooge frameset at some point soon too as tere seems to be a new frame about every six months or so.
He said on Instagram that he’s planning on the dirt bomb, then the mk5 and then a second run of the scrambler in a break from tradition but I don’t think there’s a published schedule attached to that plan
AndyTheBikeGuy

Post by AndyTheBikeGuy »

Custom Sonder titanium advnmnstrgrvlwnkr drop bar bike, love the versatility.

Polaris Fixie straps - so simple, they don't come apart in use and torque down really tight, and I've used them for everything andincluding holding the swingarm to the car as I limped it to the scrappy.

Impact driver - not bike related but I can't believe I've never used one before.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Shimano MW5 boots, right at the tail end of the year for me. Sure they aren't fully waterproof, but it's a huge improvement on foot warmth, even in the recent snow.
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Jack wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:44 pm Shimano MW5 boots, right at the tail end of the year for me. Sure they aren't fully waterproof, but it's a huge improvement on foot warmth, even in the recent snow.
Seal the spd soles with
Hot glue in the
Holes...
Edit:
:-bd
Last edited by ledburner on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
FLV

Post by FLV »

BigdummySteve wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:23 pm
FLV wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:10 pm In reality, the piece of kit that I would buy exactly the same again without even looking.

Nordisk Telemark 1 tent. Superb.
One of the best tents I’ve ever owned :-bd
It's worked really well for me, in rough or nice weather. I didn't use it hot weather where it may be a little warm but I can deal with that given the ease of use and protection it offers for the weight and pack size.