Runners input please

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

GregMay

Re: Runners input please

Post by GregMay »

Chew wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:34 pm
1. What constitutes the waterproof? (I have a Montane Minimus Smock, if well used)
2. Map I can print off the website and generally know where i'd be going, but how big?
3. How do you carry stuff?

If the weathers bad i'd give it a miss anyway
1 - not unlined Pertex is pretty much what you're looking at. Minimus would be absolutely fine. I use a Minimus smock.
2- depends on the RO, some give a map, some give only the checkpoints. I print it to A4 from computer, less if I can. A lot of fellrunners will also reccy race routes.
3 - personally don't get on with bumbags, but they are pretty ubiquitous. I use a tiny Salomon race vest for races up to about 30km, and a Black Diamond 8L race vest for longer ultra races.

If the weather is bad all the bikepacking skills you have (as in suffering) will do you well.

Note the changes to races this year:
- NO GPX devices to be used in races except for recording track - you may be asked to bag it, tape it, then put it away.
- There may be staggered entries and prices for non FRA members - it's a paltry entry cost to the FRA anyway.

Welcome to the team - happy to take you out for a few reccies of the more local races. We have some absolute crackers.
jam bo

Post by jam bo »

Just moved from brooks cascadia’s to sportiva mutants. Impressed with the mutants so far.
Chew

Post by Chew »

GregMay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:40 pmWelcome to the team - happy to take you out for a few reccies of the more local races. We have some absolute crackers.
Great. Let us know when you're having a "rest week" and we can sort something out :-bd
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Chew wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:46 pm
GregMay wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:40 pmWelcome to the team - happy to take you out for a few reccies of the more local races. We have some absolute crackers.
Great. Let us know when you're having a "rest week" and we can sort something out :-bd
Three weeks from now it is then :)