winter cycling trousers ?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

winter cycling trousers ?

Post by ton »

what you all using ?

cant wear bib tights. normal cycling trousers are keela roadrunners but i am looking for something warmer.

any idea's appreciated.
summittoppler

Re: winter cycling trousers ?

Post by summittoppler »

I use the Gore C3 Trousers. Can't fault them tbh. During this colder times, I wear some cheapo bibs under them and don't feel any cold at all.
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 4

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
Cheddar Man

Post by Cheddar Man »

Endura Humvees for me. If it is really cold stick some running tights underneath.

I find them very comfortable, and they move in all the right places.

https://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/endu ... O6EALw_wcB
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Another vote for endura shorts with thin longs under. Warm and comfy.
Jurassic

Post by Jurassic »

I have a pair of the last generation Endura Single-track trousers which are great if a little baggy round the arse. I find them warm enough in cold conditions with just a pair of liner shorts underneath but it'd be easy to wear thermals as well if you feel the cold. They have zipper vents on the thighs which help when it's warmer and loads of useful pockets. The new ones look more like DH/MX pants though which may limit their appeal or increase it depending on your POV but I wouldn't mind trying a pair of them too. Nice close fitting ankles so no issues with chain/trouser leg interactions either.
FLV

Post by FLV »

I've not tried any yet ton, but I'm interested in what you find out. I'd like to try some to start to free myself of the chamois :grin:

I recall reading something about some decathlon ones being good, I'll try to find it
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

FLV wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:37 pm I've not tried any yet ton, but I'm interested in what you find out. I'd like to try some to start to free myself of the chamois :grin:

I recall reading something about some decathlon ones being good, I'll try to find it
The decathlon ones have been out of stock for ages. :sad: I did try some of their xc skiing trousers as they looked the right combo of baggy/not baggy and windproof, etc. The fit however wasn't great so back they went.
ton

Post by ton »

i got some of the decathlon xc ski pants. the fit is truly shocking.
benp1

Post by benp1 »

How about a pair of base layer longs under the trousers?

On many days in arctic Lapland I wore base layers longs and Haglofs rugged mountain pants, was toasty
petergold99

Post by petergold99 »

I've got some Endura MT500 Spray trousers. Very impressed but quite warm, vent zips help nicely. It needs to be less than 5 degrees though otherwise they're too warm for me. Pretty good in rain too.
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Ton... The other day in minus 4 on 100 miler. 30th I think. I had some waterproof ME drilite pants over the Singletracks and they worked lovely. Didn't feel the cold...

Next day and trying to finish the remainder miles (of the 500), considering that it probably wouldn't rain in minus Yorkshire, I put on the bamboo Duckie longjohns. Lovelt and comfee right down to minus3. Can't say about lower as I don't think it went that far...

https://www.dickiesworkwear.com/uk/dick ... ns-th50000
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Borderer wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:18 pm Another vote for endura shorts with thin longs under. Warm and comfy.
Same here, 3/4 length Humvees combined with red white bibs and a pair of thin running tights. For really horrible conditions I’ll use my Paramo Adventure trousers over bib shorts.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Similarly to others I’ve used a pair of PI Amfib tights under a set of Endura 3/4s for the last few winters. I’ve got some Madison waterproof 3/4s as an alternative to the Enduras but not tried them yet.