Duece trowels

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Wotsits

Re: Duece trowels

Post by Wotsits »

RIP wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:42 pm Eh? I thought you had your own home?
:lol:
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
ledburner

Post by ledburner »

Boab wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm I need a trowel, so was reading through this thread before purchasing. So while it would seem like The Deuce would do the job, it's maybe a tad uncomfortable to use. The Vargo Dig Dig Tool while multi-functional, is rather spendy; it might be useful to carry something that could be used as a burly tent peg / deadman though, although what do you do if you need a poo and your tent hasn't been packed away?. The iPoo'd was mentioned and I found this Sea to Summit Pocket Trowel on Amazon, which is much cheaper, although the reviews aren't that good; it being nylon doesn't fill me with much confidence if the ground is hard either. So all options have downsides, but only one has blingy orange anodisation.

Any other options to consider*?

* Preferably that don't involve DIY bodging of silicon sealant tubes, which I'd have to go and buy, dump the contents of, clean out, etc, etc...
I bought a few deuce trowels I can post you one. I just missed brexit d import duties. :-bd :grin: Buying 3 cosmetic seconds, made the price reasonable. I think £15 cover it, Inc postage.
PM me if you are interested. they also make a good stiffener for a saddle pack. dual use. :-bd
just what a saddle holster is missing...
I hope you think you know, what I might of exactly meant.
Warning - may contain value odded typos & ither mythspellings..
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

The one i linked to is indeedy the one i have. Checked & it comes in at a hefty 87grams, but also gets used as a stiffener in my seatpack :ugeek:

:-bd
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Boab wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm I need a trowel, so was reading through this thread before purchasing. So while it would seem like The Deuce would do the job, it's maybe a tad uncomfortable to use. [...]
Any other options to consider*? [...]
Cut out some suitable
About 3 years ago I got a Deuce, the smallest one. As mentoned before, too sharp to handle easily, yet otherwise works astonishingly well given how thin, light, small it is.
So... I glued and taped some bits of an old, thin foam mat around it, duct taped to finish it off and... well, it weighs nearly twice as much but is still much lighter than the well used and cracking (as in breaking) Coghlands and sits nicely in the hands of its shitty users.