Scores on the doors

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Scores on the doors

Post by BigdummySteve »

Time for the semi- traditional end of year toting up

More miles than last year which considering I rode across Spain then is good for me, also I’ve been much more consistent. I’m still dead slow however :-S

45X45

Happy with that, veloviewer has been a great motivation tool.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
whitestone

Re: Scores on the doors

Post by whitestone »

Here's mine ...

Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Focus this year was on running vertical over riding so numbers differ than years past. Nearly 1,700km of my total is running - 68,000m of vert.....
Attachments
2020.png
(233.04 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Blimey that’s a lot of running. I take the view that a gentleman should walk and never run :cool:

GregMay

Post by GregMay »

More planned for next year, few "things" that need doing. But thanks. My largest running year since I stopped doing triathlon about 10 years ago. Also, I ain't no gentleman ;)
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Didn't realise you'd moved to Skipdale. :wink:
psling

Post by psling »

You've still got 4 1/2 hours to get another 3500m of elevation in.... :shock: :wink:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

What’s the deal with the metric? We’ve got feet and miles back now! :wink:

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

BigdummySteve wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:32 pm What’s the deal with the metric? We’ve got feet and miles back now! :wink:
Best check the legal definition of same :wink: (It's defined as being 25.4mm) similarly for ounces and pints. Bizarrely even in the US the inch is defined in the same way. This is an interesting (in a nerd way) read - http://metricationmatters.com/docs/WhichInch.pdf basically all linear measurements are based on the metre.
Last edited by whitestone on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ton

Post by ton »

Screenshot 2020-12-31 at 19.45.01.png
(155.86 KiB) Downloaded 516 times
Last edited by ton on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

A bit meh all round.

Regarding VeloViewer, my max cluster went from just over 800 to over 1,000 which had been a bit of a goal.
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

How do you post the infographic? I have taken a screenshot, but not sure what to do with it🙄
May satan walk with you
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

ssnowman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:16 pm How do you post the infographic? I have taken a screenshot, but not sure what to do with it🙄
Needs to be somewhere publicly accessible like Flickr, Imgur, etc. then you need the actual link to the shot not the page it sits on. Copy that link then click on the chain icon above this text box and paste the like into it. There's a sticky thread about posting images.
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

whitestone wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:36 pm
ssnowman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:16 pm How do you post the infographic? I have taken a screenshot, but not sure what to do with it🙄
Needs to be somewhere publicly accessible like Flickr, Imgur, etc. then you need the actual link to the shot not the page it sits on. Copy that link then click on the chain icon above this text box and paste the like into it. There's a sticky thread about posting images.
Thanks Whitestone, I thought that it might be something like that.
May satan walk with you
FLV

Post by FLV »

my best* year for a long time,

*if you consider riding round in circles near home for months in summer as 'best' :lol:
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Impressive number of active days.
ton

Post by ton »

i was not gonna bother with strava this year, but bugger it, i am gonna try and crack 7000 miles this year coming.
i thought i was on for it but i got a bit weary and failed by a couple of hundred mile.

so bring it on this year..... :-bd
benp1

Post by benp1 »

Impressive stats chaps

I broke through 2,000 Miles, which is lower than usual as there was no commuting

I'm doing a lot more walking but not tracking that. I reckon I'll comfortably do more than a 1,000 miles on foot next year
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Here's mine

Quite a bit down on last year when I had over 6000 miles and 604 hours. I usually compare my yearly totals in time as it's a better metric than distance for comparison over the years for the amount of exercise I'm doing. This is the first year since I started recording my rides/runs in 2014 that my yearly total has been less than the previous year, in fact it's the lowest since 2016 :sad:

On the plus, increasing the proportion of running means it's the furthest I've ever run in a year at 696 miles and 109 hours. If I'd have left home and headed north I would have made it to Cape Wrath as Google says that's 'only' 694 miles from my house :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

This is probably a daft question, but do you need to have Strava to get this veloviewer thing to work?
FLV

Post by FLV »

Borderer wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:46 pm This is probably a daft question, but do you need to have Strava to get this veloviewer thing to work?
Yeah, I don't know of you need to have the paid Strava or not. I have paid (or rather had paid, cancelled today)
ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

FLV wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:50 pm
Borderer wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:46 pm This is probably a daft question, but do you need to have Strava to get this veloviewer thing to work?
Yeah, I don't know of you need to have the paid Strava or not. I have paid (or rather had paid, cancelled today)
You don't need the paid version, but you do have to pay for veloviewer. However at £10 a year, I consider it a real bargain.
May satan walk with you
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Yes. You give it permission to pull your data from Strava and it then does its magic. The free version only takes your last 25 (I think) activities. The paid version (£10/year) pulls everything across - though you can filter on activity type so biking, running, walking.

You'll only get the segment tables if you have a paid Strava account. If you've a free Strava account then you get pretty much everything else. The segment limitation is due to Strava's recent changes regarding leaderboards.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

No fancy stuff for me, just a spreadsheet which allows me to add a few comments so I can remember the rides. 5800 odd miles with a weekly average of 10.5 hours. Quite happy with that all things considering.....
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

My graph which shows I've done a good 1000 miles more than 2019. Happy with that and it was the Rapha500 that managed to tipple me over the edge into the 4000 mark :smile:

And me square which seems I've thickened it up a bit but not really grown by much. Next years target hopefully to try and neaten it up and add it to the 'show us your square' thread...

Tony, you mnaged to almost hit 8000 miles :o wow, and well done mate (well done to everyone else too, running or riding, amazing and inspirational graphs)...