Ben Connolly Chasing Chevrons Article

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

thenorthwind

Ben Connolly Chasing Chevrons Article

Post by thenorthwind »

Just read an article by Ben Connolly (who I think is our very own benconnolli [sp?]) in the erstwhile Arrivee (Audax UK members' mag), which was thoroughly enjoyable (and made a nice change from some of the articles which can often be a bit "I rode here, ate this, got tired, covered X miles, Y climbing" etc.). He rode all the hills marked with chevrons on his local OS map, which is a nice concept. Nice one. That's all.
FLV

Re: Ben Connolly Chasing Chevrons Article

Post by FLV »

Sounds like of read that, where was it?

Ta.
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

thenorthwind wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:01 pm in the erstwhile Arrivee (Audax UK members' mag)
:wink:

It will be online eventually but the last issue (September) isn't yet so may be a while. If Ben sees this and gives his blessing, perhaps I (or he) could share it on here?
benconnolli

Post by benconnolli »

You have seen throught my disguise *mock shock*

Glad it was appreciated.

I feel I wrote an incredibly similar post up on here with less editorial flair. I'll look it up, but the pictures and flair quotes do make the article better. Not sure if the image compression would make reading it from a posted picture too difficult.

*Edit nah I didn't post it here.
**Re edit, I've just posted the text in your trips and adventures but am too tired to do the photographs. Use your imagination for now :)
Last edited by benconnolli on Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
benconnolli

Post by benconnolli »

I believe it is possible to get the Ariveé magazine if you are a non member. Dig around on the audax website and pay them a couple of quid by some method. I know they print more copies than they send to members as I got two copies of my first published article for the spring issue.